Living in Toulouse

Hi all!

So I've been living in beautiful La Ville Rose since October 2016.  It's been great, don't get me wrong!   I love soaking up French culture - the bread, the cheese, the language (even though I am so terrible at it!), the scarves, the cold weather (coming from Australia it really doesn't get an average of 5 degrees celsius, like, EVER).  So it's all a great experience! 

I'm currently working as an English teacher here and loving it.  My colleagues are  so lovely- the nicest French people I have ever met!   I do hold strong on the french being hard to warm up to - they are definitely a bunch of coconuts if you ask me!  (read this article if you don't know what I mean.  http://x-culture.org/peach-vs-coconut-cultures/ on the peach vs coconut cultures summed up very well).  But I'm not one to hold a grudge and have learnt to brush this seemingly 'rudeness' to the side when conversing with the French.  That's just the French for you, I'm in their country so like it or lump it, as my mum would say. 

Although it does get lonely at time - I just wish I could enjoy a hearty pub meal of steak, chips and salad.  Or, it'll be the day when I can bare my legs to the world and wear shorts!  (Too bad I'm not here during summer!) I do definitely miss home and all my mates!   But isn't that why I came to live in France?  To have a crazy whirl wind experience and embrace all the ups and downs along the way?!  Yes, that's EXACTLY why I decided to come here!

I'm keen to reach out to other international people living in Toulouse and share experiences or just have a laugh over a nice cold beer. 

Don't be shy!   

Talk soon :)

Katie

Katie,

Thanks for your post. We are also new to Toulouse. Do you know of a colleague of yours that would be able to tutor math?

Akeem

http://www.englishintoulouse.com/english_meetings.shtml

May I suggest Tea Tuesday. It's a bunch of expats meeting up weekly. We would love to see you there!

Amy

I really miss extreme hot weather in Australia

Why move from Australia to France? nothing here really. I prefer Autsralia lol.
Which city you come from?