Looking for Friends in Toulouse

Hey,

My name is Ruth, I'm 32 & Scottish, I moved to Toulouse 2 months ago to work and I'm looking to meet new friends.

Send me a message if you fancy meeting up.

Thanks
Ruth :)

Hi Ruth,

Maybe you could tell a few more words about yourself.
What are you doing in Toulouse?
What are your thoughts on the city so far?

Regards
Armand

Hi Ruth,
I'm hoping to move to Toulouse at end of year!
I will certainly be looking for some new friends to show me around go for coffee, drinks etc with!
Let's keep in touch!
I'm Irish 36 years old moving for a change of location and to learn the lingo!
What is your job in Toulouse? Do u speak French?
Gail

Hey,

I'm an Accountant in Toulouse working in Airbus Village.  I have been learning French for 2 months.  It's a great city, the people are very friendly and there's always lots going on.

All I hear is good things about Toulouse so think I'm making the right choice! I work for an airline so would be commuting from there every week! I'm starting a French course here in London until I leave just to give me some basics but really want to get stuck in an learn the language, enjoy the wine and eat as much fromage as I can get my hands on!
Thanks for replying to me and giving me that boost I needed to make my decision clearer!
Hope to keep in touch and meet up when I get there!
Cheers for now!
Gail

Hi Gail,

It's definitely a good move, you will settle in in no time.  I know a couple of people from Jet2 who hang out at the Melting Pot (Irish Bar at Jean Jaures).

Give me a shout when you move over and we can meet up! ;)

Sounds great! Thanks so much for welcoming me!
Gail

Hi Ruth
Always happy to meet new people.
Let us know if you want to catch up sometime. We are out most weekends.

Sorry for the short message, I am writing in a bit of a hurry.

Hope to meet you soon.

Phil

Hey guys I moved to Toulouse a few months ago and am really failing at picking up the french! Ruth how's your French going? are you doing a course or just picking it up as you go along?

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for the post, I'm returning to Scotland on Sunday, I have some work and exams I need to go back for but yeah lets meet up at some point! You can fill me in on the do's and dont's in Toulouse :)

Hi Richard,

Bienvenue to Toulouse :)

I have a French Tutor that I visit twice a week.  She was recommended to me by some French friends of mine. 

I was looking at courses but I think the 1 to 1 tuition is better.

It's like everything, you have to put the time in.  My friends bought me some childrens books to read :) It does actually help.  I also try to read the newspapers, magazines etc to pick up the lingo.

You meet a lot of british people over here and it's easy to fall into the trap of speaking English all the time but that's not going to improve your French.

I would try and find a balance.

Hi guys

My name is Neena I'm 27 year old. I just moved to study friend in toulouse 1 month and half.. I'm looking for friends for going out or have some coffee together.

If you would like to talk with me please feel free to write me..

Neena

hey Ruth... have a good time back home. Give us a shout when you are back and we'll catch up for a beer or two.

hey neena. welcome to toulouse. i will let you know when we are out for drinks or coffee next. it would be nice to meet you. phil

Bonjoour Phil

Nice to meet you and Thank you so much for your kindly message.

Bonne Journee.
Neena

Hi ruth

I'm marina a french/spanish woman in early 30s. I just came back from a long trip : two years in australia. Now i am looking for new english speaker meeting for two main reasons the first one i really want to share our culture with expatriate people and make them feel like home. I know how hard is it to be far from your country friends and family. Secondly i just love to speak language i'm french/spanish bilingual and speak a little bit of sign language so keep speaking english meeting new friends will be awesome. Before to go overseas we were leaving in Paris and have all our friends there now we think to settle in south of france so really keen to have new meeting :)

Currently i'm living in Castres (1 hour from toulouse) but my boyfriend is working in toulouse and driving up there everyday so there is always a way to catch up.

Let me know if you're still interested my new meeting :)

Cheers Marina

Hello all!
I'm an Australian student who has been living in Florence, Italy for the past 2 years but have just moved to Toulouse with my French boyfriend. I love the city but don't know anyone! I would love to meet some new people, have a drink and a chat - and possibly improve my french as well!
Hope to hear from some of you soon
Have a great weekend smile

[Moderated: off topic]