Requirements for on-line application for retirement permit/process

Dear Members,
I hope somebody would be able to answer the following questions in the process of getting retirement residency permit and relocating.
I sent those questions to BOI, but it seems they are on holiday already-no answers.

•.  What is Residence Certificate? I have Utility Bill. Is this sufficient?
•.  Another of the requirements in the preliminary application form is Residential address in Mauritius. I am not there yet and I do not have such. How can one apply on-line  without having a Residential address there? 
•    is the capital (40K USD per year) brought to Mauritius in the process taxable?
•    How do I open a bank account in Mauritius in order to satisfy the requirement for the initial transfer? I will not have a residential address yet and the local bank will not open an account. But at the same time I need the statement from a Mauritian bank showing the funds in order to apply.
•    Does one have to declare his worldwide assets and are they taxable in Mauritius? I think they are taxable only if remitted to Mauritius and not a capital, right?
•    Is it needed one to report to MTA If one is a shareholder of and BO in a company outside Mauritius(not doing business in MRU). Does one have to declare the assets of such a company and is such company taxable if one live in Mauritius as retiree?
•    If one transfer USD 120,000 at time of application he should be allowed to purchase an apartment. Can one use portion of those 120K for the purchase?

Regards

Hello,

You need to be in Mauritius to submit the application. This answers several of the questions you have.

Regards
Gawesh

Hell,
not at all.
The new rules allow for application via Chanel A - on-line , before coming to Mauritius.
You can see the new ruling at BOI web site.
Regards
Eugene

Hello Eugene,

What I was trying to say is that it's 'more practical' to be here before making the application, although as you rightly point out the new rules allows for an application outside the country.

Did you try telephoning the BOI? It's a bit weird, because I have always found BOI to be quite responsive in my communications.

Regards
Gawesh

Ovtchae

When you are applying for the permit, you can provide an temporary address in Mauritius. Or you can also leave that blank, specifying there that no permanent address has been found yet.  Since you are using Channel A for the application, the officers know that you might not have found your home yet. However, once you get the approval process done, and while submitting the physical applition, you will need to give the precise address.

If you need assistance there, I'll be most happy to help.

Regards