Turkish people

No matter how much I'm going to talk, I'm not going to change anything - Because its genetic * I realized that we live in a kind of world never going to be civilized, ever...No matter what * because people only care about changing the outside only and never care about or spend an effort to start changing from the inside...

Unfortunately...

Taleb, I'm not quite sure what your response has to do with my post.  Perhaps you were should find a thread dedicated to ranting instead.  Of course Turkey has it's faults...every country does, and some more than others.  I just don't really think it's fair to generalize like you have, particularly when it comes to the people and their character.  I'm sure I will have days (weeks, months...) when I am aggravated and wish things were as efficient/professional/educated/modern/etc. as they are at home.  However, there are so many ways in which the Turkish people outshine the Americans and other similar countries. 

FYI, Turkey is not a third world country.  It's considered developed and has one of the fastest growing economies in the world.  GDP is 15th in the world, I believe.  I was an Econ major, I pay attention to this stuff.

I'm sure your wife would be proud to know you feel the way you do about her country, regardless of whether you "love Turkish people."

Hi Taleb,

The discussion has been introduced as a new thread on the Turkey forum.

caroline25 wrote:

Taleb, I'm not quite sure what your response has to do with my post.  Perhaps you were should find a thread dedicated to ranting instead.  Of course Turkey has it's faults...every country does, and some more than others.  I just don't really think it's fair to generalize like you have, particularly when it comes to the people and their character.  I'm sure I will have days (weeks, months...) when I am aggravated and wish things were as efficient/professional/educated/modern/etc. as they are at home.  However, there are so many ways in which the Turkish people outshine the Americans and other similar countries. 

FYI, Turkey is not a third world country.  It's considered developed and has one of the fastest growing economies in the world.  GDP is 15th in the world, I believe.  I was an Econ major, I pay attention to this stuff.

I'm sure your wife would be proud to know you feel the way you do about her country, regardless of whether you "love Turkish people."

-------------------------------

Taleb:

Hi, thank you for your reply, - the issue is one think led to another

Fist of all I don't hate Turkish people - All my statements are for their own sake to understand themselves better and that will definitely help them know their weaknesses and strengths.

Second: My wife is having very hard time because of this issue, that's why I seek help from the Turkish authorities to solve this problem.

I don't judge countries by there economies and how luxury their lifestyle is - I mentioned in my statements its not by building a high towers or driving a luxury cars - But its by how they act every day professionally with you, with me, and with others - on the road and at work place and everywhere - Deep inside and not only care about cosmetic the outside.

Regards

Talep when I read your post I feel I m in turkey:) in many ways you are right and it is so clear that you have perfect observation about your environment.

If you compare Turkey with Canada of course there will be a huge different with a lifestyle, culture, relation... everything. You came from most civilized country in the world, you grew up in high level life standart and prosperity. So it is pretty normal that you can not understand Turkey and Turkish people in such way.

As a Turk; this subject is not related with education, development, civilization, experience or etiquette. It is complately related with genetical. We have very different behaviour (not only complately bad but also to many cute ones) and way of thinking. Now I m working in Libya and for this and some other reason I have chance to met lots of other nation citizens. I mean I can compare myself with the others and no are not same:)

Turkish people love to violeta rules, and as you said never take a lesson from their mistakes. We are so relax and calm or angry and stress always at extrema point and sentences that always in our mind is: nothing would happen to me:):):)

But I advise you try to be happy with them, becouse ( it is my personel opininon) Turks fun-loving and know the way of it:):)

Take care yourself.

Hi dear,

Many thanks to your reply and respect, also happy to meet an understanding and nice person like you, to be honest my letter was not about hatred, but basically its a wake up call not only to some Turkish people but as I mentioned in my letter to the Middle east also and surrounding area, We must hold ourselves accountable every now and then in every action, and learn from the previous mistakes to go forward better. but I don't see that happening unfortunately that why I'm sad - any way dear thank you so much  once again and wishing you all best and success in your life.

My very best kind regards

taleb

Unfortunately it is true and you are right about(every bayram at least 200 people die due to the traffic accidents) mistakes are always repeated. But believe me there are always worse. Ankara relatively regular and reliable than the Istanbul. There are millions of civil servent and they are generally nonaggressive:)I advise you to dont argue with the taxi and bus drivers. If you can speak Turkish, usually use Turkish it is more sympatic than the English. Your relations become better. In effect you have been in Turkey for 25 years so I m sure you have pretty informations and experiences on Turks but it will be usefull I think.

Last of all; Turks are good people atheart, a little bit prejudicial, easily be on fire, suddenly being aggressive and suddenly being calm, for last 20 years unhappy (in general), somewhat gullible, somewhat smart, mostly prefer easy way, definitly humanist. thats all I think :):) For sure this are complately personal opinions.

Take care yourself again.

Intersting thread

Very interesting observations! I must say I have been thinking the same as you.

hi mr Taleb
I presume English is not your native tongue so I might have misunderstood many of your statements.
You can get a citizenship if your wife is Turkish and you have been living in Turkey. Then you won't have to pay that fee.
Multiple citizenship are legal in Turkey so you don't have to give up your former (Canadian?) citizenship.
fatma

Taleb just scared me :(

hey :|
i didnt mean to hurt your feelings. i am completely agreed to your views.
what i wanted to say was, i have decided to move to turkey after 4 years and i got scared after reading your views.thats why i said "taleb just scared me".
sorry to hurt you.

Karan92 wrote:

hey :|
i didnt mean to hurt your feelings. i am completely agreed to your views.
what i wanted to say was, i have decided to move to turkey after 4 years and i got scared after reading your views.thats why i said "taleb just scared me".
sorry to hurt you.

Taleb,

O Know No No No Dear,

You misunderstood me please - My response wasn't for you at all, but was a reply for Miss. Fatma kumru

I'm so sorry If I did scare you - But my statements are like an advice to anyone decided to live in Turkey, I'm not saying they are all bad, but I said some of them, and each country has some good and some bad people - Its everywhere.

Should you need any help or questions don't hesitate to ask me please.

Very kind regards

taleb

caroline25 wrote:

Taleb reply:

Hi, thank you for your reply, - the issue is one thing led to another

First of all I don't hate Turkish people - All my statements are for their own sake to understand themselves better and that will definitely help them know their weaknesses and strengths.

Second: My wife is having very hard time because of this issue, that's why I seek help from the Turkish authorities to solve this problem.

I don't judge countries by their economies and how luxury their lifestyle is - I mentioned in my statements its not by building a high towers or driving a luxury cars - But its by how they act every day professionally with you, with me, and with others - On the road and at work place and everywhere, deep inside and not only care about cosmetic the outside.

Regards

fatmakumru wrote:

hi mr Taleb
I presume English is not your native tongue so I might have misunderstood many of your statements.
You can get a citizenship if your wife is Turkish and you have been living in Turkey. Then you won't have to pay that fee.
Multiple citizenship are legal in Turkey so you don't have to give up your former (Canadian?) citizenship.
fatma

Taleb Reply:

Hi dear Fatma hanım,

Believe me every day I feel more and more upset, and feel more sick because of this issue.

Many thanks to your advice anyway,

As a married person to a Turkish lady I'm looking for my rights regarding this matter - Also do I really have to become a Turkish citizen in order to avoid paying the staying permit fee's??? I'm not a refugee nor a visitor.. There is a big different between a refugee and a married person from the same country - And the LAW Must understand that different,
I consider this as illogical right to someone with my situation,
is Human rights based on money in Turkey?

I'm married by law, would that law will separate me from my wife and family and work and extradite me out of the border of Turkey because I'm refusing to pay the permit fee?? Is the LAW care about the fee more then anything else, what kind of a materialistic law is this - Where is the human rights here.

To be honest with you my wife also having very hard time because of this problem, I really seek help from the Turkish authorities to solve this problem as soon as possible.

The issue is not about money with me, but its about principles and feel that this country is respecting their citizens when they get married to a foreign person. and not measuring everything materialistically.

No hard feelings

Regards

ons101 wrote:

Taleb

I come from the UK and without some sort of visa/permit you cannot stay in the country and will be extradited without a though. Nearly all countries require either citizenship or permanent visa in order to stay. In short, you are purchasing a 6 monthly visa to stay in Turkey. This is normal until you become a citizen (as I am unsure whether permanent visa's exist in Turkey).

Taleb reply:

Hello dear,

What about if I'm married to a Turkish lady for 23 Years, and came back to live in Turkey for the sake of her to keep her living close to her family and culture - I'm not a refugee or a visitor - The LAW should distinguish that, and should give some logical rights to married people in the country. Thank you

Regards

taleb

taleb wrote:

O Know No No No Dear,

You misunderstood me please - My response wasn't for you at all, but was a reply for Miss. Fatma kumru

I'm so sorry If I did scare you - But my statements are like an advice to anyone decided to live in Turkey, I'm not saying they are all bad, but I said some of them, and each country has some good and some bad people - Its everywhere.

Should you need any help or questions don't hesitate to ask me please.

Very kind regards

taleb

ohkay, sorry for misunderstanding.
And yes please, i really need help. thanks for the helping hand. i will be connected to you.
thank you :)

Mr Taleb
I have no idea who is charging you with those amounts every six months and what your situation is but for a small fee you can get resident's permit [ikametgah tezkeresi] in Turkey for five years if you are married a Turkish citizen. You need to renew it every five years.
This site may be helpful:
yabancilar.org/bilgi/oturum-izni.html
fk

Dear Fatma hanım,

Your reply was like a great happiness to me - Many thanks to you - Believe me its not about money - I just want to feel for once that this country is not ripping me off - and My decision to move to Turkey was right - And anything good I did to this country was very well deserving - You just gave me a big hope towards happiness, help me please if you could - What should I do - To whom I should speak - Is there ant law resolution back me up with what you mentioned above - Who is the right person or the right directorate I should go to - Please Advice and many thanks in advance

Yesterday me and my wife went to the Mayor of the city, but none of the officials working there are know anything about any  law regarding married foreigners to help me, I don't know how they get their job there when they don't know anything to help citizens??

You are the first person know all of that - I congratulate you, and all the best to you. please advice

I couldn't inter the link you provide - Could you kindly copy and paste the page with the right information's, at least I could take it and go to the (Emniyat Yabancilar Şubesı) to inform them.

Kind regards

taleb

Taleb, do you really think Mr. Tayyip Erdoğan the primeminister would really care your thread here?:) He doesn't give a shit (pls excuse my language)about anybody; neither the Turkish nor the expats.
Although you have touched some points which are really true, your general attitude is negative towards these people and prejudiced as you are, I don't think your new experiences will be better. I myself work in one of the most disgusting areas of Istanbul (dirt, uneducated people in any sense, fundamentalism, gimmicks etc)but still I can see the real reasons of all these stuff and I can see the beauties even among these people. My beautiful and lonely country is not a third world country and will be much better in time but the "man" you addresed in the beginning and the mentality he represents is not the way to improve anything.

People who always have troubles, financial problems, facing with terrible health and education services and the most important of all, people who lost their belief in justice in a country are supposed to be depressed, angry and liable to make mistakes...try to be more understanding, believe me there are so many educated, humanist, modern and civilized people in Turkey, even in small villages.
Wish you better experiences from now on:)