Working in Saudi Arabia

Hi i have  applied  for  a job  in Saudi Arabia i have  read a lot  of things  about  working  and living  there i would like to  hear from people  who  are  working  there and get there views thanks.
            Andrew

Depend where in Saudi Arabia, to me I think Jeddah is the best place. Good thing about Saudi Arabia hmmmmm, save tons of money. But beside that nothing to do but excellent food and cheap. Good luck.

Thanks

In general and you can cross check with Daves ESL cafe discussion forum saudi arabia section jobs pay well. To call things teaching here, if you're a teacher would be an overstatement. The standards here if you can call them that are in general very very low. Very slow and bureaucratic, but once you get used to it. The pay is good. Often Saudi is boring in general, but if you like watching movies,reading books, going to a gym eating out and shopping it's fine. In general, it's a well paid, but mundane place to live/work. It's safe despite what you may have seen on the news. I live in the sticks of Saudi, next to Yemen and as often the only white guy walking around people generally don't even notice me and I've only once been harassed in a minor way by some old guy who I wasn't even minorly afraid of. Plenty of work for the even minorly motivated. It's a bit of a clusterf*ck of a country, but as I said jobs, plenty of free time to schedule your vacations out of here when you're not working.

nothing to do?  since when?

anyway, what you read on the net  is pretty much  standard with what you will find here on this forum. some love it, some hate it, some are confused.  experience is all the same in all places, ive lived on 3 different continents and in 4 different countries.  some people know how to deal with new places better than others and some people are mature and ready for a challenge others are cry babies and need to be spoon fed everything.