Rejected Resignation Notice

Hi everyone,

I've submitted a 30 days' notice letter to my current company, after 15days is completed during the notice period I received a response call from the HR.

Unfortunately, they rejected my resignation due to an unfinished employment contract that will end in October 2023 according to them and as per to them, the contract was automatically renewed that is why the company is asking to finish the contract before they can approve the transfer request.

I informed the new company that they rejected my resignation, and they told that:

any company don't have the right to stop anyone to resign from the company bec. it is clearly mentions as per Saudi Labor Law the notice period if anyone of the parties want to cancel it.

It is our right to resign and give them the notice period, otherwise you can go to the labor law office and inform them.

contact HR and inform them that you want to resign they do not have the right to stop otherwise I will go to labor office as per my contract with you.

I've been in my current company for 1 year and 4 months.

Please advise. Appreciate your time.

Yes you have the right to transfer as long as you have completed one year contract... And you follow the notice period...

The best way is to talk again your immediate supervisor or the HR. And cite the provision of the new labor law (kafil system). If still they don't want you to go, and they insist that's the time you need to go to the labor office.

My probation period has been extended, as I signed the extended document , please advise am I able to get transferred to other company

Hi everyone,

I just want to share that my current company already accepted my resignation and they will release me after the completion of the 30days notice period.

After completion of notice period, my new company will send the transfer request to proceed the sponsorship transfer through QIWA.

Thanks. Always hope for the best!

@alex2588 do the employers  have the right to incur financial penalties for not completing the employment contract?

@My Tech  based on the Saudi Labor Law Article (53), under the "Probationary Period" each party is entitled to terminate the contract, unless the contract includes a clause giving the right

of termination of the contract to only one of them.

Boss, My company had gave me a work contract (in 2014), that was auto renewal contract. which it dismissed by the company from my GOSI (in2020). I resigned from my job with respective notice period of 2 month because i want to go final exit. My Question is that there is no work contract available on my GOSI and QIWA, can my company apply Article 77 to me for the 8 years are completed, and now running 5 month more.

@alex2588 how did they accept your resignation?what did you say to them ? I am also in a similar situation and have the same reply from my HR team ,

My contract will only end by next year January and my new job offer will expire within 2 months period ,

Now I'm in trouble as the current employer is not releasing me even I am ready to serve the notice period of 60 days in fixed term contract

@alex2588 how did they accept your resignation?what did you say to them ? I am also in a similar situation and have the same reply from my HR team ,
My contract will only end by next year January and my new job offer will expire within 2 months period ,
Now I'm in trouble as the current employer is not releasing me even I am ready to serve the notice period of 60 days in fixed term contract
-@aswindas234

Hi aswindas234, hope you can share your current status. thanks!

Hi eveRyone, i am working in a company since 9 years and now i submitted my resign via email with the notice period of 30 days and also terminate my qiwa contract which is showing 60 days. my employer is telling me to complete the notice period as per qiwa but new employer is not ready to wait more than 30 days. so can i leave the company after 39 days without current employer approval