Community work and arts

Hello everyone
I should be moving with my husband-to-be to Jeddah by end of the year. I work in Corporate Responsibility for one of the Big 4. I am not sure if I'll be able to transfer to Jeddah office. So I was wondering about community work. What are some of the available NGOs that work in environmental sustainability, education or poverty alleviation (if any)?

Also I am an amateur mosaic artist. Would you know of any centres/schools that give classes or places that sell tools and tiles?

Thanks
:)

Hey Nehla,

Sustainability and CSR are hot topics in Saudi Arabia nowadays. There are lots of private companies (few NGOs) that started issuing Sustainability reports.

Tamkeen  is one office that do sustainability reports here in Saudi and helps companies with building CSR Programs.
Abdul Latif Jameel is the biggest in Jeddah in Community Initiatives and CSR

SEDCO Holding has a great CSR program called Riyali (I Just love it)

AME (Dr. Ihab Abu Rokbah Office) is another Office to look at

Forget about the charity, There are tons, to name few;

Majid For Community Development ( Majid Society). They do a Sustainability Report
Alfaisalya Welfare Society- they have a handcraft support program called Sleysla
Al Bir
Zmzm

This is just brilliant! Thank you so much Ahmad! I will start researching about each  :):)
Really appreciate your prompt response!

Follow the hashtag in Twitter #CSRSaudi for more details, and there is yearly CSR summit which will be held in Nov 2015

Global Shapers Jeddah.....The Global Shapers Community provides youth with a global platform to shape the future – integrating the personal, community and global dimension.
http://www.globalshapers.org/hubs/jeddah (sorry cut and pasted)

Not sure of a lot they do, but it is a community program

Thanks so much stressedmom! Will check it out :)