Medicals

Dear Mr. Sumitran,

I would like to know what all parameters are checked in the medicals.  For instance, a close friend of mine has got a heart operation and a stent was inserted very recently. He had not send his medicals yet, as his prospective employer did not ask him for the same. If he is asked to send his medicals, then will his medical report adversely impact his employment visa. Kindly advise.

Hi bmahesh_99,

Visit the 'Health system' topic in this forum and you will find detailed responses to queries of your very same nature.

I have myself mentioned many times in the past in this very same forum that the medicals is mostly conducted to check for contagious / venereal diseases and other chronic diseases.

But any issues related to the heart might be a concern - even though it is not a contagious disease. His prospective employer might raise an objection to this since anything related to the heart comes with its own share of risks.

Thank you very much for your good advice in this matter. My clarity on this issue has become much more better now after your response.