Going on work visit visa for job

I got a job offer from a Saudi company couple of months back.
According to them, they have applied for my work visa, but it is taking alot of time and dont know how much more time it will take.
I was thinking that meanwhile permanent work visa is under process, should i request my company to call me on work visit visa? Since i have heard work visit visa is for 3 months and is processed fairly quickly. Is it possible for them to get a work visit visa for me, until the permanent work visa gets processed?

Not advisable bro. There are too many hassles involved with having a business visa and working simultaneously. And if your company has already started to process your permanent visa, then just wait till you get one. :)

Sorry, there is a mix up.

The OP has asked if the 'Work visit visa' is okay, and the answer is yes, this is the whole point of a 'work visit visa' when the candidate needs to join immediately, or the employer wants him on probation to check his abilities with respect to the work content.

Saimans has mistaken it with a ' business visa' which is issued to discuss marketing related activities.

Riaz,

Please confirm or deny that the business visa or the work visit visa can not be transfered into an iqamah unless you exit the country

My innocent rereshine,

This is becoming more confusing:

a) The OP asked " my employer wants to call me on work visit visa? " and the answer to that is YES ! this is the whole purpose of a work visit visa.

b) Saiman answered " are too many hassles involved with having A BUSINESS VISA and working simultaneously." which is some thing else and the OP is not interested in it..

c) You asked  yet another question " business visa or the work visit visa can not be transfered into an iqamah" , and the answer to that is, none of the visas mentioned in a) or b) can be transferred into Iqama, only when you come to Saudi on 'work visa' you become eligible to apply for Iqama.

thanks for C! good sir

he wants "permanent" work visa sir  - isn't that iqamah??? he only wants the alternative - the work visit visa - because he's waiting so long

Neither a work visit visa nor a business visa will allow you to apply for an iqama.

Thanks alot fellows.
Yeah i understand that work visit visa cannot be transferred to iqama, and one needs to exit after 2-4 months.
However the point i wanted to know that is it advisable and possible to go on the work visit visa, meanwhile my permanent work visa is under process. Since i dont want to sit idle at home for long time waiting for the permanent visa

Hello 0090,

I am glad you got the clarification, 

For Bosnia "permanent" work visa sir  - isn't that iqamah??? , you are mixed up between the two let me explain:

a) The work visa is the تاشيرة عمل which is issued from the ministry of interior to be sent to the embassy of the of the respective country enabling an expat to travel and land in Saudi.

b) Once you are in Saudi on a work or employment visa, you apply for 'the residence permit' or Iqama اقامة which is necessary prerequisite for things like sponsoring your wife kids and maid , drivers licence etc.

I hope this helps!