Applying for a retired residency permit

Hi, this is my first post on this website. My partner and I would like to move from England to Mauritius and I have sent a couple of e-mails to the mauritius Board of Investment but not had any reply.  I was seeking info on how to apply, how long does an application take to go through  and whether we have to apply as individuals or as a couple (we are not married).  I know that we need to have an annual income of at least £24,000 going into  bank in Mauritius.  Can anyone tell me if this amount is per person or per couple. We are both ex civil servnant in our 50's and will be living on our pensions.  we would also like to buy a house (in the Grand Baie area).  Is this easy to do or are there resrictions for foreigners to buy property?

I woudl be very grateful if anyone could help with this information or give me any advice.

Hello Carol and welcome,

There are different ways to obtain a permanent or normal residence permit.

If you are looking to purchase a property in Mauritius, you will be restricted in what you can buy depending on the type of residency you are looking for.

The USD 40,000 annual income is associated with the retirement scheme and does not make you eligible to purchase property. There is ONLY one option that will provide "permanent" residence at that would be to purchase real estate in an IRS (Integrated Resort Scheme) where you would have to invest a minimum USD 500,000 in the purchase of a property. This said, you will not find a property for under Euro 1,000,000.

The definition of "permanent" residence can be read here http://trulymauritius.blogspot.com/2014 … Mauritius.

The time to process will really depend on your dossier. You not being married "may" be a hindering issue but NOT impossible to resolve.

There are other solutions to your needs, just private message me.

Hope that helps you for the time being. Have a great week.

Carol29 wrote:

Hi, this is my first post on this website. My partner and I would like to move from England to Mauritius and I have sent a couple of e-mails to the mauritius Board of Investment but not had any reply.  I was seeking info on how to apply, how long does an application take to go through  and whether we have to apply as individuals or as a couple (we are not married).  I know that we need to have an annual income of at least £24,000 going into  bank in Mauritius.  Can anyone tell me if this amount is per person or per couple. We are both ex civil servnant in our 50's and will be living on our pensions.  we would also like to buy a house (in the Grand Baie area).  Is this easy to do or are there resrictions for foreigners to buy property?

I woudl be very grateful if anyone could help with this information or give me any advice.

You will have your answers here :
http://www.investmauritius.com/work-liv … ation.aspx

http://companies.gov.mu/English/Documen … _resid.pdf

The equivalent of US $ 40K per yr  ad infinitum per applicant's household ( married spouse and dependent children should apply at the same time)

Thank you so much for the web links, I have printed them off and will start to look into this properly.  Your help is very much appreciated.

hey Carol, I'm going trough the same process you are planing right now.  Learn it in all details and prepare all documents in advance before coming here. It will safe you a lot of time.

External wrote:

If you are going to dispense advices please make sure that you had ethe right info and not try to net some "future " customers.

And then some keep complaining that they are being scammed ……….

Hello "external",

Thank your for your response, interesting to say the least, well done, subject to what the BOI says/write, right? I am sure that YOU WILL understand the perspective, do you?

1. What are you referring to; "net some "future" customers"?
2. Could you please elaborate or define ; "And then some keep complaining that they are being scammed"

Could it be that you have "anger issues"? Or that you actually offer the services to "customers" you refer to and hence consider this/me as a "threat"/competition, which I cannot be, right? You "seem" to be well versed in the subject, but lack the essence, i.e. manners.

I was, and admittedly, referring to what I knew and understood, and if, if, there is something wrong stated I am sure you could have the common decency/courtesy to behave in a respectful manner without insinuating whatever you are trying to insinuate, without even going the process of researching what I do.

Is it not this type of behaviour that "could" discourage others, like myself, to be part of an exchange and provide different perspectives? Think about it. Good luck with your "anger issues", if I have correctly interpreted the communication at hand, if not then please accept my profuse apologies in advance.

P.S. For all who read this: NEVER BE DISCOURAGED BY RIGHTEOUS BEHAVIOUR!