Moving to HCM with family and kids

Hi, we are moving to HCMC after the Tet holidays. To be honest I am not so fond of going to Vietnam as I love to stay in my own country but husband's duty calls..
After my 1st visit I am not so sure if HCMC is such a safe city, I heard there are many burglary and even chloroform break ins?? I am not sure if these are wild west stories. But not very re-assuring when we come with small kids:(.
I checked and noticed that everybody is telling that the APSC compound is the most safest compound in district 2. Our kids ( North European) should go to the British school or the ISHCMC. I really liked both schools. I also liked the houses in that APSC compound but there are barely nice ones available. So my question is which other safe compound is also nice and close to the schools plus with many kids (age 4-8) and also some European families? Also could anybody tell me what is the hardest thing to get in HCMC and I really should bring to my new life in Vietnam? Thanks for your kind help!
Have a super nice day.
Floca

You'll probably get more relevant information if you navigate to the Vietnam Forum by clicking on the Vietnam flag icon in the main forum page.

Cheers,
William James Woodward

thanks, really a Dutch Blondie...:)

Hi all,

Please note that this thread is now closed

Follow the link to find the same topic please --->https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=317919

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

[Thread Closed]

Closed

Find activities and meet other expats

OR