Got an offer in Riyadh

i got an offer from Riyadh in a manufacturing firm and the monthly salary offered is 8100 Saudhi riyal(including food and accomdation)....Is it enough.....I also got a family visa so planning to move family out der after some time...please help

Hello hisnet.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Riyadh forum.

Meanwhile, you can read the other threads on the Riyadh forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

hisnet wrote:

i got an offer from Riyadh in a manufacturing firm and the monthly salary offered is 8100 Saudhi riyal(including food and accomdation)....Is it enough.....I also got a family visa so planning to move family out der after some time...please help

Please use the search feature in the forum.

These topics have already been discussed to the absolute detail.

hisnet wrote:

My friend. This is more than enough if you stay in riyadh.In this salary you may save approx 5000 SAR ie 75-80k INR per month. IF this much saving is okay u can join else wait.

Also, legally, your wife is not allowed to work until 2 yrs.

Many thanks skhan_be...BUt wether she can get a job in teaching...She is an mtech graduate...In scholls or in womens university...

skhan_be wrote:
hisnet wrote:

My friend. This is more than enough if you stay in riyadh.In this salary you may save approx 5000 SAR ie 75-80k INR per month. IF this much saving is okay u can join else wait.

Also, legally, your wife is not allowed to work until 2 yrs.

I disagree. If he has to pay for housing, because they compensate him for it. then he will have a very hard time saving money. Appartements range from 30,000 SAR to around 60,000 SAR a year, and that doesn't include furnishing, or food. water and electric bills are usually cheap and gas is cheap. Things tend to get expensive when they add up

An unfurnished family accommodation as mentioned might range from 15K - 35K for a 2-3 BHK flat depending on the locality and facilities. Mid range is about 25K. Monthly grocery for a small family shd be another 1200 riyals abouts.

In brief in mentioned salary u can stay comfortably but good savings mayn't be possible....

hisnet wrote:

Many thanks skhan_be...BUt wether she can get a job in teaching...She is an mtech graduate...In scholls or in womens university...

Yes she can. She cant work on family VISA. Her employer need to provide her fresh VISA & will be issued new IQAMA by employer after cancellation of family IQAMA.

i am confused....

it is very clear! Rite!

I am looking only for a single bedroom flat....so dont think that dis much expense will come for accomdation....can any one help me by saying any good areas near new industrial area for stay...and rate for single bed room flat,,,,Thank you all for the blogs

Seems @skhan_be has confused you :)
If 8,100 SAR is your total package, you are not going to save 5,000 SAR out of that esp. if you'll have school going kids. It's a salary on the low band.

About your wife, do understand that thousands of expat housewives look towards the teaching profession. It's hard to get a break-through. Even if she does, she won't be adding more than 2K-3K per month. About the legal perspective, at the moment it's illegal for her to work but govt is carrying out some changes in the law. She'll be able to work if she clears certain exams.

You can live a reasonable life with this salary if u put a side the idea of huge savings, apart from this there are other things need to be considered like Air Tickets, Bonuses, Annual Salary increments etc.. as a thumb rule ur salary should be atleast 3-4 times of what u are earning now...

hisnet wrote:

Have you found a place to stay?Please do consider the do and dont's in Riyahd bro.

Ya bonus will be 1 to 3times of my salary....insuarance...air ticket and annual leave with pay is also available....yes its neary 4 times my salary....

Anthonian Roger Kulondis

No i need to find that once i reach their...till i get settled they will provide all the facility...

Your salary is okish but saving will not be much. you will hopefully find a home in 15k/year depending on location. I think you should come alone and take leave from previous job for one month and see for your self, you will be able to live a good life here in this amount but savings wont be possible i suppose

hisnet wrote:

i am confused....

Hi Hisnet. we are a couple with no children. 1 bhk Accmodation in riyadh(which is an expensive city) cost us 15-18k approx for a year.
Our expense for food is 1200sr to 1500SAR at the most. Company has provided me car so no expense on travel. If you purchase ur own car then also petrol is almost free. Only maintainence of the car which will not be too much every month.
Medical Insurance of the family is provided by company.

Again,
there are two types of IQAMA(resident permits). One is family IQAMA which ur wife & children will be issued now by the govt. In this you cant work here. Another is issued through employer to its employees. you'll get this once you r hired.

In case ur wife get job she need to change her IQAMA. but thats' not a big deal now after change of residency rules.

Hope this helps :)

skhan_be wrote:
hisnet wrote:

i am confused....

Hi Hisnet. we are a couple with no children. 1 bhk Accmodation in riyadh(which is an expensive city) cost us 15-18k approx for a year.
Our expense for food is 1200sr to 1500SAR at the most. Company has provided me car so no expense on travel. If you purchase ur own car then also petrol is almost free. Only maintainence of the car which will not be too much every month.
Medical Insurance of the family is provided by company.

Again,
there are two types of IQAMA(resident permits). One is family IQAMA which ur wife & children will be issued now by the govt. In this you cant work here. Another is issued through employer to its employees. you'll get this once you r hired.

In case ur wife get job she need to change her IQAMA. but thats' not a big deal now after change of residency rules.

Hope this helps :)

Please do not make generalized statements.
Life style and resultant expenses are purely subjective matters, and your estimations may or may not apply to other readers.

You may end up confusing people more than helping them.

best regards.

salman108 wrote:

Please do not make generalized statements.
Life style and resultant expenses are purely subjective matters, and your estimations may or may not apply to other readers.

You may end up confusing people more than helping them.

best regards.

:one

Dear all,

Any other suggestions or opininons

hisnet wrote:

Dear all,

Any other suggestions or opininons

Find a friend / acquaintance or relative, who you can associate with, and has a similar life style to yourself.

Ask him all the questions. 

Remember the key here that the person whose advice you may take, should be of the same culture, and associate with the same life style as yourself.

cheers.

Good places to leave in riyadh at reasonable rate....Job location is new industrial estate

Good places to leave in riyadh at reasonable rate....Job location is new industrial estate

Hi Hisnet

i am Jagadeesh presently working in riyadh with my family (2 Kids).Your expense table can be this

As Bacholer
Bacholer Accomadation(Sharing Room) : SAR 300/Month
Food  :SAR 500/Month (Self cooking)
Transportation : it depends assume 200/month
Other Expense it depends on your life style.

AS Family
Single bed room : SAr12000 to 15000/Year
Food : 1200 to 1500 /month
Transportation : own car 2000 model may be minimum SAR 12000 (OR) can have taxi which will cost u more (Appr. you can fix your budget as 200 to 300).
School going kid 1st std : 300/Month
House furniture 2nd Hand may come with in 8000 to 10000

thank u jagdeesh....can u suggest some gud area to live with family near the new industrial estate...

Dear hisnet to be honest i am not so familier with industrial area,but any way after u arrive to riyadh as a bacholer you need to get IQAMA then only u will be entitled to apply for family visa which in turn will take atleast 45 to 60 days.By that time u can get good knowledge about the family accom. etc.

Best of luck.See you.

thank you jagdeesh but the company is already providing me family visa...but i will bring them after few monthsonly

yes first u need to get your IQAMA, then only u can bring them.

That is more that enough. Cost of living here is Riyadh is not that high. You can get rooms for 4000/month. brand new car is 100/month. Food with family maybe 800/month. you can still save 50% of your basic income. God bless you,

KURT ZEMO wrote:

brand new car is 100/month.

:unsure

Alliecat wrote:
KURT ZEMO wrote:

brand new car is 100/month.

:unsure

I hope he meant 1000/month.

apologize.. it has to be 1000/month for automatic sedan (toyota) but you may take 800/month for KIA rio also.

Going through this thread makes me there is an alternate universe, where things are not expensive at all !