How about having a small chat box at the right corner of Expat-blog?

I don't know what exactly it is called but i just had the brain wave and i am sharing it."what if we have this Tiny chat box on the right corner of Expat.com.[Some thing like we have in Face book too] :P:P:P

We will be knowing if we are online at same time.There are many[like me] who may not be interested to share their email ID nor they want messages in their inbox.So getting online and having a little chit chat won't be a bad idea. :cool::cool::cool:

I understand julien u r running this wonderful website on your own expenses and without sponsors and it may cost u but I am just throwing an idea,rest of it depends on u and other Admins.I am sure it won't decrease our blog quantities and interest towards the forums :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pl members,give your feed back and Julien if you don't like the Idea"Delete the topic" :D:D:D

Gotta be honest, I dislike those chat boxes.  They slow the system down.  I never use them, either.

If I want to communicate with someone and not give them my email address, then I would use the PM function.

yeah i know but i guess that's entirely your choice to pop it out and keep it shut....if one don't want to chat then he/she won't be open it an it won't slow down our system....right?

I am with NONZ for having the chat boxes. It gives us a chance to make a quick exchange without having to write posts.

We had a chat box... once...

Yep but it was too "buggy" ... I've recently read something about this kind of chatbox http://www.ijab.im/demos/ (facebook look alike). The problem is ... we are not facebook :lol: I am currently the only programmer working on the site and we are still looking for sponsors

yeah i know u r not facebook nor i would be here if it was.Anyway as i already mentioned that i do understand your sponsors and being only programmer may not be easy to deal with it....
Its fine :(

Julien reminds me of the day when I embarked on my IT career as a Junior Programmer with IBM in Colombo coding Assembly Language on punched cards.

I bet the above statement may sound like Greem to many on this forum? heh heh.

I still have a few cards from my very first deck with me for reminiscing the grand old days of the 70s. In fact I am planning to frame one and call it "MOTHER" before hanging it on the wall.

in my opinion though, the idea behind Expat.com is not a social network for the sake of socializing, for that we have alot of options.

Expat-Blog is a BLOG for expats to share find help and help. in an atempt to defend my statement, chating would only confuse the people looking for real information by listening to anyone whos chating, while the real structured information can be found in the Blog.

I can be very wrong as well, but its just an opinion.

Salman Omrani wrote:

in my opinion though, the idea behind Expat.com is not a social network for the sake of socializing, for that we have alot of options.

Well, I guess that's that, then.

I'll just get my hat.  Can I help you ladies into your coats?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

How do you explain your 'Expat Club' then, Salman? ;)

I cannot see anything wrong with socializing, whether on chat windows or even going out tpo dinner as long as its done in a proper manner thats acceptable to the people concerned.

At the end of the day everything must bve allowed to personal choice or else its just not worth being a human being.

:D:D:D
i love u musicman

Ok, lets not make wrong asessments shall we?

I said:

in my opinion though, the idea behind Expat.com is not a social network for the sake of socializing

what I said needs no real clarification, I stated that E-B is infact a social network, but unlike other networks it is intended for expats to exchange experience help each other out and all that.

I also stated:

I can be very wrong as well, but its just an opinion.

in any way, its my personal opinion, and I am (as is everyone else here) just a member of this community. I don't represent Expat-blog in my personal opinions.

so stop bullying me :P
gosh, I'm beat and its the weekend already.

Salman

its the weekend already

What do you mean ALREADY ?!?  I was ready for it to be the weekend 3 days ago! lol

(poor lil salman :*)

Mr Omrani Said:

so stop bullying me

who can bully ya  :o:o:o

can we ever ,i mean everrrr dare to do so :P:P:P

although i still wish to do so :rolleyes:

nonmz, feelings are mutual.....

as for two people on EB ending up walking down the aisle, I have no probz with that too, as long as they choose to live happily ever after.....

yeah u r right musicman:/

hmmm..

maybe I should start looking around for a groom then! :lol:

Allie,

if you put your old pic back again, and edit your profile a bit, youl be getting loads of offers. :lol:

PuddyTat, Please take a number and be seated. Theres a long line ahead of you and only work 9-5, Sat to Wed.

And what makes you think I'm not getting 'loads of offers' now, Mr. Salman ??

:dumbom:

I am sure the Puddytat must certainly be chased by many roaring Tiogers in town. Thats quite normal amongst the species. The question is when to say Yes?

lol

Yeah!  Read about my marriage proposal today!!

Hi everybody,

you'll find a satisfaction survey in our next newsletter, please do not hesitate to tell us which new features you would like to see on Expat.com ;)

(We'll send the newsletter very soon)

Thanks

Julien

Ahhmmm Ahhmmmm "The Chat Box":D

Lots of people suggested a chatbox. The EB team and I will seriously think about it when all the current developments will be ok

yuppyyyy      :D:D:D

lets dance \/\/\/\/\/

YAH!

Now I can teach Ms. Nonzie English via the small chat box :lol::lol::lol:

Try Skype, puddytat

Yahhhh
you can...

now Alliecat is going to b my inglishe Teacher :D

:|

nonz why do you wanna learn English wn u can easily pik up cyberspeak without even knowing how to spell?

its because i know its gonna irritate her :P

just kidding:D

em OK wid mah English :/