Riyahd PNU help!

In October I negotiated and accepted a contract to teach at Princess Noura University with an initial start date of 1st December.  This then, disappointedly, turned into starting in the new academic year, arriving August 2013. Christmas Day I received an email telling me it was all back on and they wanted me out there asap, fantastic!  I was given the name of the gentleman responsible for getting my visa and waited to hear on flight dates; that was the last I heard.

I have tried contacting the University by email and phone.  My emails get no response even though requested and my phone calls promise emails that I never receive.  I am now accepting that they don't want me to teach there any more but I'm sure all will appreciate how this has messed my working and general life up.  I'd planned lessons, organised my house, had necessary innoculations, had been doing voluntary work just as a tide-over until I left for Saudi.

Does anyone know if this is a habitual practice of theirs as I'm really rather disgusted by it, having rearranged my life as expats need to.  Thanks for any feedback! 

Diane

hi
I would suggest you nag visa people.Your job will probably be dependent on getting the visa. The uni is enormous so emailing and phoning may have no results, I'm afraid. I am at PNU now and had to do a lot of paperwork to get the visa. After I got it, I contacted PNU again through my agent and we organised my arrival date.
I was recruited through an agent but had to do all the paperwork myself.
They do need teachers so dont guve up...but you need to follow things thtough yourself..nothing is done for you til you almost arrive.
MM

MrsMuffet wrote:

hi
I would suggest you nag visa people.Your job will probably be dependent on getting the visa. The uni is enormous so emailing and phoning may have no results, I'm afraid. I am at PNU now and had to do a lot of paperwork to get the visa. After I got it, I contacted PNU again through my agent and we organised my arrival date.
I was recruited through an agent but had to do all the paperwork myself.
They do need teachers so dont guve up...but you need to follow things thtough yourself..nothing is done for you til you almost arrive.
MM

:one

PNU have messed up a lot of people's plans.  They seem to be very unreliable.

I have signed a contract for August start and was told from day that my husband can be with me.  Now when I need to sort the visa out they have announced that the Ministry of Labour have said that ESL teachers are not allowed to have their spouse/family sponsored nor can i bring them over after i get my iqama.  I have spent the last few weeks calling and speaking to various people at the ministries and they don't understand why it's a problem.  I'm a Muslim woman so I can have my Mahram (which is my husband) with me and PNU can get my husband to join me with a Mahram visa, I've been told that it's the law of the land!  BUT PNU have been 'looking into this'  for over three weeks, having no contact with us, leaving my husband and i hanging around and eargly awaiting for their response which may take a few more weeks!!!!!

We've also put our lives on hold!!!

Hi Riz,

I'm sorry to tell you that PNU has stopped allowing women to bring their male relatives and family. I know at least 2 teachers who have been trying for over a year, but nothing doing. They are fixed on this, no matter what people tell you.

Perhaps your husband can look for a job while you are here?

@ peony345 > Just to inform you that you have posted on an old thread here and that the member riz didn't post on the forum since last year.

However, thank you for your contribution to this thread.  :top:

Thanks

Priscilla