Taif university through IGIT???

A friend of mine received a call today from IGIT. After a 2minute "interview" he was immediately offered a position at taif university with a $2600 a month salary.

He and his wife initially applied as a working couple but because she's Chinese the lady told him that they do not have any Chinese visas. However, upon her arrival (which the interviewer claims will be 4weeks after her husband arrives) she would be able to start working for the same university.

He will be entitled to 30day paid vacation yearly as well as a30 day optional unpaid yearly vacation??
Does this sound legit??

Any advice or reviews about the uni will be appreciated.

He was sent no official contract, everything was written via email.

Thanks in advance!!

They're getting desperate so it could be legit .. but I don't know about the Chinese wife part.

He needs to get EVERYTHING in writing and even that guarantees nothing.

You know, he *can* leave during the 3 month probabionary period but he'll almost certainly have to pay the plane fare home.  If that's not a deterrent, there's your answer.

Oh,and it seems to me I've read bad things about Taif University that wasn't disgruntled b*tching but rather stuck me as true.  This friend of yours needs to read everything he can about Taif.

However, if he's drowning in debt and can tolerate bad situations to reach a certain goal ...

There's just so much to consider and so much of it depends on the person.

Good luck to him.

I have just received a job offer from IGIT.  I want to find out if they are a legit company also.  What happened to your friend?  Can you put me in contact with him?  I would consider it a great favor.

Thank you.

Hi , please give me some latest information on IGIT??  I would appreciate if someone who is working for them can reply.  I have an offer and I dont know what to do.  How is it to work for them?  Do you get paid on time?  How is the accomodation in Jeddah at Aziz university?

I worked for IGIT for the last year.  They are not a scam or anything like that, they are a legit company.  I expect the job offer is real.

Now IGIT is in some ways a crappy company to work for.  The housing is usually TERRIBLE,  just terrible.  And the management is not very responsive.  it takes months to get any kind of communication through. But I do want to give them their fair credit,  they do at least pay salaries every month, on time.  Many Saudi Companies don't even do that much.

IGIT is a real job.  Its not a great job, there are better jobs out there, most other major companies will pay their teachers more money and give their teachers better housing.  IGIT is the cheap version of a real company.  But they are legit, they do pay you on time.

I happen to know that IGIT is desperate to hire teachers (the teachers keep quiting, so they never have enough) so I think the job offer is probably real.

Yes, I was reading about IGIT. Its a real company.  Taif is always short of teachers. So, if you get a chance to work its a great place due to its climate but just have to be aware of the bedouins. I worked for a year with IGIT and I would say compared to their counterparts, they are by far the most honest in terms of dealing with money issues. They pay your salary on time. They even mention it in their contract.

KSA is an islamic country with entirely different culture than the west. Now if some of the native speakers miss their culture, either bring their wife or their partner with them and they both can teach and make a good living. Now you will miss alcohol, girls, clubs and other stuff like as thats against the country's culture and religion but you need to be patient. Most of the natives have a hard time handling that. Secondly, the people are rough in taif. So, just keep to your job and stay aloof from them. Students will give you gifts so that you pass them. Never accept them as that will land you in trouble. You are dealing with students who didn't have proper exposure to the language. And due to being isolated in a mountainous area, they don't see the reason why they should learn English, when most of them being sheperds, have their cattle, their car and money sufficient for their needs. So, don't blame the students, be optimistic, stick to your job, be punctual. Try to encourage them and PLEASE BE OPTIMISTIC.

IGIT taif staff is very cooperative. There isn't anything like an ideal company. So, you need to have patience. Hence, if the company pays your salary on time, I think its the best company as atleast you have earned the price of your sweat at the end of the month.