Anyone knows where I can get a bike for women?

Hello Everyone

Anyone knows where I can get a bike for my wife in Riyadh? I tried locating a Trek dealer "Wheels" through Riyadh Wheelers website but their number listed on the site doesn't work.

Regards
TA

Saco world across from China Mart on Exit 5.

Hello tansari.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You can also post an advert in the Vehicles section (Bikes) in the Riyadh classifieds. It shall help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

tansari wrote:

Hello Everyone

Anyone knows where I can get a bike for my wife in Riyadh?Regards
TA

Sounds like a fair swap, is she a good cook?

Moestavern wrote:
tansari wrote:

Hello Everyone

TA

:lol::P

female and male bikes are the same nowadays except for the cheaper bikes.

if you are spending a small amount of money, just go to saco.

if you want to spend a little more, go to sand and sun sports (cant rememver what mall), or wheels.  both are overpriced, but carry trek, and fuji

Moestavern wrote:
tansari wrote:

Hello Everyone

TA

That's interesting, why would you ask that?

Freshlikesushi wrote:

female and male bikes are the same nowadays except for the cheaper bikes.

if you are spending a small amount of money, just go to saco.

if you want to spend a little more, go to sand and sun sports (cant rememver what mall), or wheels.  both are overpriced, but carry trek, and fuji

I'm looking for Trek, they have ones designed for women.

AurélieZ wrote:

Hello tansari.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You can also post an advert in the Vehicles section (Bikes) in the Riyadh classifieds. It shall help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks, will do that.  Got address of a local dealer from riyadh wheelers website yesterday. Will check them today.

they do, but its just the diff of hte top bar, and only only lower end models.

wheels is the only trek dealer

you can also order from http://www.evanscycles.com/

they ship to SA, and are fast. i ordered a few high end bikes in jeddah from them

was cheaper than wheels even with shipping, and their support and customer service is WAY amazing compared to wheels shitty service

You can also make a run to Bahrain. They have loads of Bike shops there. If I was staying, I would buy a folding bike.

folding bikes are sooooo heavy.

i wish i was closer to the city center, id order another bike.  i too far from anything :(

tansari wrote:
Moestavern wrote:
tansari wrote:

Hello Everyone

TA

That's interesting, why would you ask that?

It's from a famous joke you would get on the internet.

nah, its not famous at all.

but i get it.

@FLS, you're an expert on automobiles !

How's life in Saudia ?

fun of course.

staying busy

Are women allowed to ride bikes here? I know they can't drive but what about biking?

Evening Star

eveningstar wrote:

Are women allowed to ride bikes here? I know they can't drive but what about biking?

Evening Star

Good question Eve X!

They cannot ride bikes in Saudi, unless they live in a compound. A side note are they allowed to rollerskate.

iamthere wrote:

They cannot ride bikes in Saudi, unless they live in a compound. A side note are they allowed to rollerskate.

Absolutely wetting myself here with the image of ladies in black abeyas and full face head gear with flying goggles on scating all over Riyadh:D

saudi roller derby!!!

Freshlikesushi wrote:

they do, but its just the diff of hte top bar, and only only lower end models.

wheels is the only trek dealer

you can also order from http://www.evanscycles.com/

they ship to SA, and are fast. i ordered a few high end bikes in jeddah from them

was cheaper than wheels even with shipping, and their support and customer service is WAY amazing compared to wheels shitty service

Thanks for the advice, I will try them out. I too had good experience ordering stuff from US with comparatively cheaper price. Lately I ordered a 3D graphics card for my PC from Amazon and saved almost 500 riyals on the price it was selling at in Riyadh computer market.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

but i get it.

I didn't get it, can you explain it to me please :)

iamthere wrote:

I don't think there is any law that bans women riding bikes or even driving in Saudi. It is just a cultural issue and hopefully will change over time. Qatar had similar issues and they changed gradually. Saudi will change too...

Riding a bike within the compound is a safe bet anyways due to bad driving habits among drivers of Riyadh, including myself.

Regards
TA

iamthere wrote:

About 5 years ago, we used to rollerskate together in the parks until I was diagnosed with athletes knee syndrome. It was fun and no one stopped us...

tansari wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

but i get it.

Its a play on words, can I get a bike (infering a swap) for my wife?

hope this explains my sense of humour

Moestavern wrote:
tansari wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

but i get it.

hmm...interesting, I hope she doesn't read it...

I do have a men's huffy Bike for sale, if you are interested. I only want 220. You get a helmet and a lock with it.  Yes, I did pu it in the classified section.

Moestavern wrote:
tansari wrote:
Freshlikesushi wrote:

but i get it.

TLL just posted a bunch of these (making the email rounds) on the 'English Mis-Pronunciation' thread.

You should take a look at that post, tansari... it will help you to understand the joke (hopefully lol).

(example:  an employee applying for leave writes, "Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave."   The way this reads, it sounds like he is selling his land AND his wife, rather than the fact that his wife will be accompanying him to his village.)

Alliecat wrote:
Moestavern wrote:
tansari wrote:

TLL just posted a bunch of these (making the email rounds) on the 'English Mis-Pronunciation' thread.

You should take a look at that post, tansari... it will help you to understand the joke (hopefully lol).

(example:  an employee applying for leave writes, "Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave."   The way this reads, it sounds like he is selling his land AND his wife, rather than the fact that his wife will be accompanying him to his village.)

Sounds interesting, will do

Bought navigator series this evening from Wheels.