How do you find / hire a driver in Riyadh

Can anyone refer me to a company that would provide a driver on a full or part time basis if I provide the car?  I will be moving to Riyadh soon, but have been unable to find any information online about how to find a driver for my wife and family.

Any help is appreciated!!

Hi jmceach1 - welcome to Expat.com and the Riyadh family :) you will not be able to secure many services in Riyadh online outside of the Kingdom.  Most business such as finding drivers, domestic services etc are done by personal word of mouth / recommendations when you are here or via sites like this where people make enquiries and provide you with numbers to call.  Drivers here tend to charge anything from SR2,500 to SR3,000 these days and that is on the basis you provide the car.  These quotes are inclusive of everything (i.e. you DO NOT get involved in any sponsorship fees, accommodation, taxi fares to and from your home/compound for the driver etc).  It has taken me over 6 months to find a driver and in the end I had to 'steal' one from my previous compound!  I will see if I can get you any numbers but maybe someone else on this site has some details?  If you cannot find a driver before you come out let me know as I have quite a few very good taxi driver details for the interim (but will depend on where in Riyadh you will be based as to which number I give you).

Also, some of my friends in Riyadh have been able to get a driver for much less, approx SR1,800 or SR2,000 but that is not what I call a driver - at that cost, it is normally a 'regular' taxi driver that will come when you call or need him.  This is not the same and not guaranteed as a personal driver is (hence the price difference). (just wanted to clear that one up).

Thanks for the quick response.  I most likely will not be moving over to Riyadh until October with my family following in January.  I do travel into Saudi now, but have been relying on the hotel car services. 

As for the compounds we are going to try to stay on the north side of the city as this is where my office will be located.  I have started the process of getting on the waiting lists for housing.

As soon as everything is finalized I will send a follow up note.  Thank you again for the information - it is very helpful!!

Lived here for ten years and it is crazy that we lasted this long using taxi's and compound buses.
we are desperate for a driver but dont know where to start.

We have a car just need a driver near mursalat Riyadh

SAR2000
thx
I Harris

Notthesandman wrote:

Lived here for ten years and it is crazy that we lasted this long using taxi's and compound buses.
we are desperate for a driver but dont know where to start.

We have a car just need a driver near mursalat Riyadh

SAR2000
thx
I Harris

You'll probably find you get a better response in the classifieds. Put it on various sites. My driver used to pick up work from expat sites so they do look on here although he used his own car.

[Moderated: Please post an ad in Jobs section]

jmceach1 wrote:

Can anyone refer me to a company that would provide a driver on a full or part time basis if I provide the car?  I will be moving to Riyadh soon, but have been unable to find any information online about how to find a driver for my wife and family.

If you live on a compound, ask the compound manager. As the compound normally hires cleaners, caterers, drivers, etc, they have many people on their books who they can send round for an interview.

When I was looking for a maid, I asked for someone with good English, and the maids who came round for interview all spoke really good English, so you also get the benefit of having your candidates pre-screened!

Try posting your ad on http://www.expatriates.com/ under jobs section. I found resources whenever I needed via job posts there.

I am also in need of a part time drvier. as my wife needs to go from King Saud to King Fahad south every day.. so thinking to hacve a part time driver. May be morning 8-6 thu fri off.

Hassle-free rides for your entire company
Fast online bookings
It takes less than 8 seconds to make a booking for yourself or someone that you support in the company.
High reliability
99.5% of all pickups happen on time. You can track real-time car and driver information on a map.
Detailed invoices
Get full transparency into ground transportation spend, broken by staff and project codes.
Manage multiple cities
Make bookings for multiple Middle Eastern cities seamlessly from a single interface.

Careem makes arranging ground transportation reliable, personal, safe and convenient. Started by former management consultants, Careem is a private car booking service that is upgrading the way people travel around town. Our customers can order a car online or using our mobile app, track their rides in real-time, pay with credit cards, and access receipts online. We are also serving some large corporates, who have signed up all their staff and pay through monthly invoices.

Our global team is spread between Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Riyadh, Karachi, Boston and San Francisco.

Please Visit our Site careem.com

When any time you will be come to riyadh send  send me email i will find  forYou a good honest driver

Replying to a 2 year old thread !!

[moderated: please post your ad in the job section]

I'm willing to drive you anywhere in Ryiadh.

Is that 2500 sar per month?

no.  and willing to negotiate.

As SALAMUALAIKUM... Pls call me ** , for a Filipino part time driver

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

I can find a good part time driver for you if you just contact me.

It is very easy to find a honest and English speaking reliable driver here in Riyadh now.
Lot of people are searching for jobs.
when you arrive here just send me a massage.

Hi ..  ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi dear sir I'm saud Ahmed khan from riyadh I have own my driving license if u need my help from riyadh I gave full knoladage about the riyadh city if u need my help sur I'm ready to give u help and see u soon *** best regard

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.

Please contact, I might can help you for a driver.

Regards
Hafiz

Hello

Please send me your contact, I need a driver and willing to pay good monthly salary. I have car so you don't need a car!

Need a driver in Riyadh full time or part time from 7am to 7pm

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please post an advert in the Jobs section.

can you please contact me at ***

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Hi Community,
I need a driver to get me  to work and back .
Any suggestions please?
thanks!

@jmceach1 you need driver like private and ?? part time how many days

[moderated]
Moderated by Vero last year
Reason : No advertising. Also, for security reasons please do not post your contact details on the forum.

@jmceach1 Hi sir, contact me for Drivers.

WhatsApp: ***

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Contact details

@jmceach1

im available ***

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Contact details

Hello everyone,

Please note that for security reasons, contact details should not be posted on the forum.

Since you are all looking for a job, you should create your Cv in the Jobs in Riyadh section.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Muhammad Adnan94

Good day,

I will be in Riyadh between the 25th of February and the 4th of March, I want to rent a car and I need a driver who speaks English, he will have to work from 09:00 to 17:00, how much will the service cost?

Thanks

Regards

@gowiththeflowUK hello ! I am interested 1 year experience can speak English also arbic also

@jmceach1

Assalamoalaikum how are you i am a driver i my name is sulaiman islam i have a valid driving license and eqama i am from riyadh

hello everyone,

I am closing this post. The 1st post is outdated from 2011.

Those looking for a job, please create your CV in the Job offers in Riyadh section.

All the best

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed