Life in Rome - A lighthearted look

Hi, my blog has just been added to the site.  I am a British female and have lived in Italy for two years now, Rome, Sicily and from October, Perugia.  If you want to read more then go to www.samanthacollinsrome.blogpost.com  I have just posted my top ten list of things that Italians do better than Brits and would welcome comments :)

Also check out my website traveltalesfromrome.com

Welcome on Expat.com samantha :)

Is there a mistake in your link, Samantha?  I would love to read it but I'm getting blanked.

Yes indeed the link looks broken. You can find other Expat.coms in Rome here: https://www.expat.com/en/directory/europe/italy/rome/

Ok, not sure what happened
The link is www.samanthacollinsrome.blogspot.com

I have also started a website giving independent recomendations about Rome rather than commercially driven ones as I am tired of being overcharged in restaurants for poor quality food here when there are so many local gems.  I would appreciate any feedback traveltalesfromrome.com

Samantha

Thanks Samantha.  I've had a look at your top 10 and broadly I'm in agreement.  Except about food.  I just got back from my latest visit and I'm still surprised how expensive food is in Rome.  You've lived there longer than I did but I have to say that oustide private houses I never had a good meal in Rome.  Milan, maybe.
It might make you laugh if I told you I caught a tram down Viale Regina Margherita the wrong way last week DESPITE checking the board.  I had two other adventures on buses going the wrong way but one was my husband's fault and the other was the fault of my memory.
But Samantha, you left out the thing that Rome does better than anywhere else in the known universe and that is sculpture.  I'm normally a modern art freak myself (I recommend you get yourself down to the Galleria d'Arte Moderna while the Sandra Chia exhibition is on) but I also went to the Galleria Borghese for the first time this last visit and I just couldn't believe the quality of Bernini's sculpture.  One piece after another.  To say nothing of the items at Santa Maria Maggiore, St Peter's, Piazza Navona, Fontana di Trevi, Piazza Barberini and so on and so on.
Maybe London is as good and just because I worked there I didn't do the tourist thing but somehow I don't think it is.