Working as a therapist in Italy with US license?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site so unsure if this question has been asked before. I recently graduated college with a bachelor's in psychology and am planning on getting my master's in counseling to become a therapist. I really want to live in Italy but I also really want to be a therapist. It seems that the only way to make this happen is to get my degree & license here and then move, but from all my research it seems incredibly difficult to transfer a license over there. Has anyone here done this before and would be able to provide some insight on the process?



Yes, what? Your reply isn't helpful

When moving internationally, nearly any type of license, degree, or accreditation will have to be evaluated for equivalency by the local government authorities before one can practice as each country has their requirements for professional standards.