Translator's Marrakech

Good Evening.

I am hoping to get married at the end of April. I want to get ahead and start getting my document's translated. Please can you let me know if you know of any translators in Marrakech- comment or private message me.

would be also good to know how much to expect to be paying?

so far I believe I just need the below translating

• ACRO POLICE CERTIFICATE
  • UK BIRTH CERTIFICATE
  • 2 BRITISH EMBASSY DOCUMENTS
  • LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT

I recently completed the process in Casablanca. I think i paid around 1200-1500 dirham total idi remember correctly.

Here is a list of "certified" translators. You may be able to find a better price by calling around but i found difficulty getting ahold of most of the people on the list and went with the only person who picked up the phone.

https://ma.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se … anslators/

@laurencej96 I will let you know tomorrow as I am attending at the British consulate appointment tomorrow and straight to the translator to pick up my documents.

@zahidiqbal81

fantastic thank you.

please let me know what documents you have had to get translated too.

i am getting mixed comments.

some say they accept documents in french, some say they must be arabic.

@laurencej96  it depends on the court in the city you will get married. Even the British consulate will tell you same you might have to translate to Arabic as some courts don't accept French. Better to be safe than sorry. Hope this helps

Regards

Arif Esa

@laurencej96 Hi Lauren, this is the list of translators reccomended by the UK government for Morocco. You can see the Marrakesh translators from this list.   https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati … in-morocco

@laurencej96 best to get all English documents translated into Arabic.  Best to be safe. All mine were fine and accepted. No hassle.

Prepare well and you will be fine.

@laurencej96 A basic DBS certificate is fine and the employment letter with the salary on there. Bring a long some wage slips to go alongside with the letter. All pushed through within 5 working days with some help from my brother inlaw.  Its all about seeing everything through. Every day keep busy with something to do with your documents.

@zahidiqbal81

did you get your pay slips translated into Arabic? Or just your employment letter?

@laurencej96 you will only need the certificate of Capacity to Marry document issued by the embassy to be translated. The certified copy of your passport does not require translating 👍 They must be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Rabat before they can be submitted for translation 👍

-----

Marriage in Morocco

marriageinmorocco .com

Ensuring you are fully prepared before coming to Morocco with your documents and assisting with the formalities here in Morocco including Certified Document Translations and In Person Assistance for Mixed Marriage in Morocco.

@laurencej96 the employment letter was translated, which had salary details on anyway.  Wageslips were a bonus just to attach.