Mixed Marriage - British/Moroccan

@chapmotiv22

Understood. Well I hope all goes well. There is so much procedure and process in Morocco for mixed marriages. Sometimes just feels annoying.

Can I ask, do payslips have to be translated? I have my letter confirming my salary etc but do we also have to translate my payslips?

Help?

for those of you who already did the medical check what is that like?

@chapmotiv22i now will marry in his own town so they will marry us within the week i arrive so its good news after all

@Xxscotlssxx that's awesome! All your documents were sent in advance?

If anyone has an appointment at the British Embassy in Rabat or  or Marrakech that they no longer need please let me know! mine is not until 30/07 and i need it sooner if possible  many thanks and good luck to all!

Hi all ,

I have my appointment with British consulate in Marrakech tomorrow to get my affirmation of marital status and the certified copy of my passport.

I know that I need to take my Moroccan partner's ID card/passport with me but does any one know whether if he needs to attend the appointment with me or am I okay to attend by myself?

He will not be allowed to attend. When I went to the Embassy in Rabat I entered alone, post security checks. You just take their ID and it is checked/scanned by them. All the best :)

I just had mine done in Rabat and my Moroccan partner attended with me, they were absolutely lovely with us. good luck on your marriage

@chapmotiv22 just did mine, the first doctor we saw didnt even touch me he just done us a certificate saying we were all fine and healthy. the police request a blood test (pregnancy test) but done via blood,  results same day ( every city may be different)

@bevlumley41 Salaam, how much did you pay the doctor? I've been offered two options.

@Yasmin21 w/salam …. we paid no more than 200dh (around £20)for the 1st doctor with certificate. for the blood test 100dh (£10)  i was quite satisfied with that, I was expecting them to charge the earth once they saw me lol

Thank you so much. That's helped us alot for today and a very similar price point.