Dependent of a potential retiree permit holder

Good morning,

I am getting confused.

My husband is applying for the retiree permit.

When do myself and our daughter apply for the dependent permit, is it when he applys?

How do we apply for this?

Are we to use the NELS or fill out paperwork?

I look forward to your reply.

Hi Latoyabessey,

Till members guide you, feel free to contact the EDB, they will surely shed the light on your queries : https://residency.mu/retire/retired-non … -50-years/

Email on the [email protected] or call on +230 203 3800 or visit our residence portal on the www.residency.mu.

All the best

Bhavna

@latoyabessey

Only your husband should apply online via the NELS system and upload only his documentation. However, do have your documents and that of your daughter ready as well. Oh, and when I say have them ready, I mean have digital and hard copies ready for every document you need for the application. I know that you're husband will upload his documents on the NELS system, but when you have your appointment with the EDB in person, they will request copies of the originals again. You have been warned :-)

Now, once you enter the country, do the medicals for all of you i.e. husband, wife and daughter. Next, you'll need to setup a local bank account and transfer the initial $2,500 USD as per Annex 1 he'll receive as an attachment to the successful application email from EDB. Receipt of this payment will also need to be uploaded via the NELS system.

Now transfer enough money to your Mauritian bank account so that you can get a Rs 5,000 bank cheque for you and another Rs 5,000 bank cheque for your daughter. These are the payments for each dependent on the retiree's permit. Also, your bank need to make these cheques out to the "Government of Mauritius". Please check the exact wording with the EDB.

Finally, when your husband gets his appointment with the EDB, you and your daughter go with him. They will process him first and supply him with paper-based forms for his dependents that can be completed there and then. Remember to bring the two Rs 5k cheques with you. Your husband should get his permit and ID card at this same appointment. The dependents will get theirs a week or two later - they will supply you with a number to call and check when the dependents' permit and ID cards are available.

That's it. Hope this helps.