Menu
Expat.com
Search
Magazine
Search

Single permit processing 2026

SP Renewal Flanders

Admissible and WP 5/10

@supertoblerone

Congrats mate, and thanks for sharing! That’s super quick compared to the previous timelines for other applicants. Hopefully, mine is only a week or two away 🤞

@supertoblerone
Congrats mate, and thanks for sharing! That’s super quick compared to the previous timelines for other applicants. Hopefully, mine is only a week or two away 🤞 - @Ramzi20

Thanks mate, all the best to yours and everyone's RP!

1 member reacted to this post

Hi everyone!


My timeline for first-time single permit, high skilled, Brussels.


17/06: no-reply

07/07: second no-reply (I don’t know what it is 😅)

13/07: WP

07/10: annex 46


Good luck to everyone!

@npchaithanya

Congrats, when was your application date?

First SP application. Change of status from student to employee.

Region: Brussels

Application date: 23/06/2026

Admissible + WP: 26/06/2026

Annex 46: 08/10/2026

104 days of processing


Just called the commune to request Annex 49 and finally start working. Apparently, I have to email them (no walk-ins, no online appointments) and wait 3–4 weeks just to hear back. Not even to get the document. Just to get an appointment! I'm genuinely wondering if there's an end to this or if every approval just unlocks another waiting list...

First SP application. Change of status from student to employee.
Region: Brussels
Application date: 23/06/2026
Admissible + WP: 26/06/2026
Annex 46: 08/10/2026
104 days of processing
Just called the commune to request Annex 49 and finally start working. Apparently, I have to email them (no walk-ins, no online appointments) and wait 3–4 weeks just to hear back. Not even to get the document. Just to get an appointment! I'm genuinely wondering if there's an end to this or if every approval just unlocks another waiting list... - @andante13

Just curious, why didn't you take the route of getting job seeking visa first? It is much quicker transition than doing it from student to work permit.

Need help with immigration or administrative procedures in Belgium?
Get in touch with an immigration lawyer

@musmans Because when I specifically asked about it, the commune told me I couldn't apply since I'd already found a job and had nothing to do but wait for my single permit. So I was misled, intentionally or not.

Further reading