Transferring MM2H tp new passport

Now that the borders are open again I'm planning to visit Malaysia again, I recently got a new passport and I want to transfer my permit from my old to my new passport.

Is that something that I can do without an agent (I assume nothing will happen until after idul fitri?) And my wife already has a new passport for more than a year now can she still transfer her permit or has her mm2h expired (my agent before told me we have to transfer within 6 months after getting a new passport).
Normally valid visas on old passport remain valid. You just need to carry both yr old and new passports together. This is how it has worked for me in the past for many years and visas from different countries. Not sure about MM2H specifically. Should work similarly though. So no need to transfer visa to new passport.
Hello floaton,

Like salidba pointed out, you might just have to carry both old and new passports while you travel.

I have been in this particular situation in the recent past while I was on a student visa and ther was no issue with immigration.

Still, you should check with relevant authorities or your agent before travelling.

Cheers

Djameel
Expat.com Team

You cannot enter even if you carry your old and new passport if MM2H visa is in old passport. The only way is to get a new visitor visa in the new passport, enter the country and then get the stamping done once inside the country. You must carry old passport and the original approval letter without which stamping is not possible. I experienced this.