New members of the Honduras forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Honduras forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Honduras if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi all, My wife and I are trying to arrange plans to make Utila our home in the next couple years. We will be there in May for 2 weeks to do as much fact finding as possible, mainly real estate. Working on all the details on our exact plan as either full retirement (my thought) or I may work a couple more years remote from Utila for the US company I am at right now as well as selling our beach home we have now on an island in the US for use of a buying a beach front home there. We can't wait to be there in May and hope to connect with some people while there as well as meet people in our situation with future plans as well as people that have already made the plunge. Thanks for listening and have a great 2022!

Hello Billw864,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

Thank you for the introduction!

Should you have any questions about how is the life of an expat in Honduras, do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Honduras forum.

Wishing you best of luck.  :cool:

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Hi there!

Planning to move to Honduras this April, and looking for fellow expats to ask and learn how to go about the daily life in Tegucigalpa.

I am from the Philippines, and I was wondering if there is also a Filipino community in Honduras as well.

Hope to connect with fellow expats soon! :)

hello, my name is Andy, i have been living in honduras (yoro) since November.. I am married to a hondran girl, and I just got my residency card.. still feeling my way around the country and the terrible roads LOL

Hi Andy,

You have not been here long enough if you think the roads are terrible.

In some areas a pothole is an asset because that means you have a road.

Actually Honduras ability to maintain and improve, at least the highways, is improving rapidly.

Steve

Hi my name is Ike and I'm an American, I might have a job offer to work in Honduras, as an IT contractor.  I heard nothing but beautiful things about the Country.

What part of Honduras ?

I am planning on being in the country for the winter months and will at that time assess where to settle down.  I look forward to communicating with those who have made Honduras their home. 

@ttastollery I live just outside La Ceiba, Atlàntida. I am a native Texan and came here for peace in my soul. There are a few things some expats struggle with here but most are easily overcome... The cost of living is quite low and the quality of life is high here. Beaches, mountains, jungles and warm friendly ppl. Honduras may provide what you seek.

hello, my name is Andy, i have been living in honduras (yoro) since November.. I am married to a hondran girl, and I just got my residency card.. still feeling my way around the country and the terrible roads LOL

- @fbirdta9
You've got  yourself one gorgeous beach home 😃 Once your place has been completed it's relaxation 🏝😎
@Julien

My name is Greg Will and my wife's name is Linda.  We just returned back to Texas where we just sold our horse ranch. While on the island we purchased a home in Topride estates.
  While here in Texas we are gathering all nessasary belongings and storing in containers for the move.  My wife is a retired ER Nurse and I  am a marine biologist and grant writer, 3 dogs Sissy, Rebel and Houston. 
  We come to Roatan with open arms be it the people, the jungle and the water.  We can't  wait to get back to new home.  Any questions  you folks may have our book is open.  We have many which we will ask and we hope you'll try to answer  for us.   Thank you for this forum.

Best wishes to all
Greg and Linda Will
@Julien

Hello!  I am new to the forum and hope to meet some great people, interact and just have fun with this.    I am planning to retire and move to Honduras the end of 2023, namely Roatan or Utila.  I was in Honduras for 3 weeks in November and have been there previously many times.    So, that's about it for now, thank you for accepting me to the group! 

@kimberlynapier56  Hello There! we are doing the move to Utila as we speak so IF you need any "OMG we did this" tips, please let us know! (Mark and Sonia - moving to Utila August 2022)

@bat21ms
I moved to Honduras in January. Live just outside of Ceiba. We escape to Utila frequently and love it.
Will be on Utila end of next week at Coral View. If you have island time, perhaps we could grab a salva vida while we are there. I love getting together with other expats. I'm from Texas and my fiance is Honduran.
@bat21ms

I am so jealous that you're moving to Utila soon!  What prompted you to decide to make this move, aside from the obvious reasons LOL!  I will be interested in where you have found to live, etc.  I am looking at an apartment or condo for long term rental because I do plan to do some traveling throughout Central and South America. 

Are you bringing alot of items with you?  I think that is my biggest hurdle and lack of knowledge on....what to bring and not to bring and how to get it there!   I love that no car is needed on Utila.   I may keep a car in LaCeiba for future use and to travel of course. 

Anything you want to throw at me for advice I would love to hear from you!

Take care!
@fredstuckey2

Where are you living in Honduras?  I lived in Houston for 37 years!  I have family in Tegucigalpa, actually it's my ex's family and we are very close.  My ex is Salvadorian and we have remained close friends and his family has always been dear to me.   I love the Bay Islands, I went there the first time in 2000 and vowed to live there someday and I am close to making that dream a reality!  I was there in November for 3 weeks, also went to El Salvador and was very pleasantly surprised, beautiful country and such friendly people.  I am planning to return to Salvador in May for the surfing competition, my Daughter fell in love with surfing and met some great friends who surf and they've kept in touch so she's ready to go, as am I.  LOL!

Would love to meet up when I get there!  Any advice or tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated! 

Talk to you soon.

Hello Everyone,

My family and I are expats and have made Honduras our permanent home.  Occasionally travel to and from the US. We are on the Mainland near La Ceiba and have built a business with home goods.  We noticed that good quality items are really hard to come by so our store sells everything from appliances to curtains to blankets and baby products and yes Vehicles too.   I would like to hear some feedback from you all and if you need anything please feel free to reach out.  Welcome to the Community!

Vivianna

Is there anyone on here near San pedro sula or El progreso

@Remaxmainlandproperties hi there interested in meeting you and learning more about how I can import vehicles to La Ceiba. I purchased a property recently and am fixing it up to my taste. I'm from Texas and I'm maintaining my home in Houston, probably will continue to do that. I'm interested in exporting vehicles I have a lot of experience in buying and selling cars and I'm good at fixing anything with a vehicle.  What is the most cost-effective way of bringing vehicles from Houston Texas to La Ceiba Honduras.

@DineshBatra53 When you find out more please let me know.  I shipped a car in August, the whole process, I spent about 4500.  I plan to drive a vehicle down around the first a January.  I have the same idea that you have.

@Remaxmainlandproperties I just move to the Corozal area, What's the name or your place?  What is it near? 

@larryjamesa What area are you driving from maybe we can do a caravan.. I'm in Houston Texas

@DineshBatra53 I'm driving from Kentucky around the second week of January.

Hello!  Wish you a very happy new year to all. I am new is this forum and interested to meet with new friends.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013041

Thanks!

Closed