New to Expat.com Looking to retire to la Esperanza

Hello.
I'd like to connect to someone living in mainland Honduras to get a feeling for how safe general life is there. My wife is from Honduras but she is fearful for my safety as a gringo.
I've spent a couple months in Honduras over the past 4 years and I've enjoyed it a lot.

My wife and I have been close to relocating a couple time over the past 3 years but the concerns over crime in the county has kept us here in the States.

I hope to meet someone on here that can we can converse with about life for expats in Honduras.

I'll be moving to isla del tigre early 2021.  It's an island in the southern part of Honduras
Fell in live with the place on my very first visit.
My wife is from Honduras and I'm born and raised in the USA.

Great to see you posting up on expat.com again.
You may want to post up more details on your personal experience and how you made the choice to buy in Honduras and the plans to move.
Cheers
Chris Barrett

I am also a latino gringo,and my wife is from Honduras. Small towns are relative safe. WE live in Danli El Paraiso in the middle Of Honduras. The cost of living is small. Keep away from the big cities and you will be fine. The Islands of Utila and Roatan are very safe bot the cost of living is high,

I am going to look in La Esperanza as well.  Let me know about your experience there.  I want to live in the higher elevations.  I lived in Miami for a long time and don't like the heat all the time.  Any info or insight on that area of Honduras let me know.

Hello Karl,

My experience is that most expats in Honduras have no idea what it is all about other than where they live. So good you are looking

I only live on the coast because my wife loves the coast and we got a great deal on the beach house. We spent 5 years in Copan Ruinas. Not to be confused with Santa Rosa de Copan.

Number 1 mainland tourist destination by farrrrrr. Best little comfortable, friendly town in Honduras, as far as I know.

Check in with Gecko at Via Via. He is Belgian, speaks fluent English, and knows everything you would want to know about the area.

goggle 'via via honduras' and you will find links to everything there.

Steve

Other than the