Expat get together anyone?

With so many ppl moving here, I would like to propose an Expat meet-up in Ceiba area or even Utila. We could all get together at Villas Pico Bonito on the mountain (Mr Richard is an Expat) or possibly Coral View on Utila. Would be great to meet long-timers and new expats to share stories. Thoughts, anyone?

Villas Pico Bonito is a beautiful place no doubt.

I've traded plants/vegetation with him throughout the last 18 years. Have brought quite a few clients of mine there as well over the years.

The times have changed over the years. There were a couple really great expat places to meet others in Ceiba. Way back in the day was The Iguana Bar, Coco Pando resort. I've been selling beach properties over that side for 18 years.

The Expat Bar & Grill was another place.

Zona Vida had a couple places as well.

Not sure exactly why but it is for sure harder over the last 7-8 years to get expats/vacationers together.

Old times … sausage Bill would cook up some nice dinners.

Hello everyone,

Don't forget that there is an event section. If you want to organise something, just create an event in the Events in Honduras section. 1f601.svg

Your event will automatically appear in the weekly newsletter.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@fredstuckey2 thinking about buying a place outside la ceiba if we do sounds good

@fredstuckey2 A little late but just noticed this post about getting together.

Chris is on point. 10-15 years ago we all at least knew of each other. I believe that in the last 10 years there have been fewer expats moving in, and a few moving out. There are also fewer going concern  gringo businesses.

When there were lots of new gringos (10 or more years ago) we needed each other to figure out where to get things like our car air-conditioning fixed, and just how to figure out what it takes to fit in and thrive here.

Today the old crowd can find most anything, except a dehumidifier. Before Walmart I had to go to 3 different grocery stores to get everything I wanted. Now I know where to purchase edge banding for some cabinets I just built. Today I go to the old stores to feel like I am still in Honduras.

New gringos don't realize just how much this city has changed in 15 years. It is rare to see a horse drawn wagon in town while it was an every day experience when I first arrived. If you judge a town by the number of gas stations there are you would think La Ceiba will be like Miami in a couple more years.

There are a lot of venues like Richard's however I I live on the beach in Sambo Creek where we could have a nice pot luck get together if there was any interest.

I actually just joined Facebook to see if gringos were even  getting together there.

Steve

P.S. I don't check in often so I just noticed a post from a few years ago about guns in the car. The police are not a problem for 99.9% of gringos. I would not drive a car here without making sure the registration was up today and I had a business card from my car insurance provider with personal phone number, and the same from my attorney.

@steve hartman

We love Sambo Creek and spending time at Helen's. We're in Porvenir. There have been a few fellow gringos move here in last year. Would love to get together with other expats and share stories, info, some good food and maybe a few cervezas.

How's the fishing around Sambo?

Hello Fred,

The locals fish ever day but I don't know if the catch anything. Probably the same as the west side where you are. Lots of fish off shore, especially by Cayos Cochinos but unless you are Garifuna you can't have any.

I live 4 buildings/houses further down the street. from Helen's, Yellow house with the deck on the roof.

We are here for another month and you are welcome to stop by anytime. We usually have lots of beer.

email: ***

Steve

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Just got back to Florida last night. There were 17 foreigners I met with over the past 6 days. Most were clients of mine had a lot of fun on the beach. I should be back next month so if you want to meet other expats and vacationers can meet up.

Hello to all I'm game for anytime you're able to get people to agree to have a get-together that will be awesome.

If you're reading this send me a Facebook friend request that would be much appreciated. Dinesh D Batra

I purchased my property in September and I'm looking for a property on the beach, if anyone is selling please get in contact with me.

You can always reach me on Whatsapp would love to hear from you if you are in the La Ceiba or surrounding areas. ***

Dinesh Batra

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@honduraschris

Would be great!

We could also host a get together here in Porvenir. Either at our place or at Palma's on the beach.

@DineshBatra53

I think Honduras Chris has some properties. I also can get you in touch with another developer just down the beach from Porvenir. There are many homes and lots available here at great prices.

@honduraschris Hi Chris, You definitely have a different life here than I do on the east side of town.

Ten years ago Sambo Creek had lots of visitors from around Ceiba, but today we are pretty laid back homebodies.

The Canadien is closed as well as Diving Pelican and Paradise Found. Although Paradise Found has new owners it is not the same as when Dante ran it.

We are here for another month and then  back to Ohio for a few weeks. We return every month or so I will contact you next time we are here.

Steve

@steve hartman

one night we had a get together only 400-500 feet down the beach from Andy's beach home. A good mix of my old clients, friends and new clients on this trip. I know and remember the east Ceiba good times as well. I'll contact you on my next trip no doubt.

Wish this site could have a direct photo or video link

@fredstuckey2

I talked to Chris already if you have the information on the developer that would be good. I have seen several properties this week that are very interesting but I have not fallen for any one of them yet.