Receiving mail from the US in Playa del Carmen

I will soon be moving to Playa del Carmen,  I am most concerned about receiving mail from the United States,  Years ago Fed Ex was renting mailboxes in Playa that were connected with a U.S. address,   Mail from the U.S. was sent to a Fed Ex mailbox in Belmont, Texas, and forwarded to a mailbox at Fed Ex in Playa.  Is Fed Ex, DHL, or UPS doing that now?  I am concerned about legal and tax documents and the like coming from the United States.

Check and see if they have a ishop we have one here in lake chapala and it works great

I am using ESTAFETA from Houston to Chetumal in Quintana Roo monthly or more when needed. Have done for many years. Check Estafeta website for offices in Houston or Laredo.

welkerking wrote:

I will soon be moving to Playa del Carmen,  I am most concerned about receiving mail from the United States,  Years ago Fed Ex was renting mailboxes in Playa that were connected with a U.S. address,   Mail from the U.S. was sent to a Fed Ex mailbox in Belmont, Texas, and forwarded to a mailbox at Fed Ex in Playa.  Is Fed Ex, DHL, or UPS doing that now?  I am concerned about legal and tax documents and the like coming from the United States.

Google maps pulled up this, plus a couple of other independent places:

Centro de Envíos UPS
(Phone number on Google maps listing)
Google Maps link

I have been using US Global Mail in Houston for years. They forward mail wherever using fedex or DHL or even USPS. Have had packages and letters sent to Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam and now here in Puerto Vallarta. You get a US mail address. The service is particularly suited for expats. Been very happy with the service and support. They also scan mail and send PDF copies. Very handy for the stuff from IRS and SSA.

Welcome to ex-pat and Mexicowelkerking,

As far as I know, some people are still doing that. The mail is quite unstable in the U.S and so far there seems to be no plan to fix that. Some of the international deliveries have changed. I have family that I trust securing my mail.