Golf partners

I am looking to get some friendships with local golf players around Grand Baie, English speaking preferably? Thank you

We are hoping to move to Mauritius ~March next year. I currently play 2 or more times each week, so am keen to find groups, friends to join. Currently thinking of joining Tamarin or Avalon.

Ok, I'm at mon choisy near Grahd Baie but happy to travel.

Happy to travel as well, the courses look great. Will contact you next year once we have moved.

Ok, that's great

@richardmonteith78

Hello am from Mauritius
Hi Richard. Another Richard here, also looking for golf partners, english speaking but hoping to relearn some french. We just moved to Mauritius from Malaysia  and are staying at Bain Boeuf , 15 minutes from Mont Choisy. Played this afternoon, the wind was brutal. I replied previously and said I would repost once we were here, we now are. I arrived ~4/5 weeks ago and my wife and our 4 cats just over one week ago.

@AstroGolf Hi,

We are French, living in France, currently gathering informations to move to Mauritius this year.

I cannot play anymore but my husband plays nearly everyday (he is 2.7) and is president of a local golf club.

The place where we settle down will depend on which golf he wishes (or can) to become member. 

Except for Avalon, we have absolutely no clue  regarding the cost or even possibility for a membership. No answer to our @ requests either.

I would prefer to stay north or up-west; would you have any information fo us?

That would be great!

Thanks in advance

@VeeBasin Hi Vee, in the West, check out Tamarina Golf Club. It's quite an interesting course and the course is well run and maintained. In the North, there's  Mont Choisy Golf Course which is a championship course. The membership rates for the two courses are available on the website.

@VeeBasin Sorry for late reply but only just saw your message. I am a Member at Mont Choisy and very happy to arrange games with fellow golfers. My natural language is English.