Belgium Family Reunion VISA D: Spouse with indefinite Stay

Hi All,

I am having indefinite stay type D card in Belgium, applied for family reunion visa for my spouse in July, 2021. After follow-ups embassy has mentioned that there is a missing document of my "mutualiteit" on Aug 23( even though travel insurance of spouse was attached during application), submitted the document again. Now the documents are attached to the file. Currently its in stage 7, not sure how long it might take or does go all again for review of documents which might delay the process !
Anyone were in this situation, could you please share your experience.

Any other means to follow-up or how long does it takes for next stages from now on?

Hello,

mutuality and travel health insurance are completely different types of insurance.

Mutuality is the mandatory one that cover most of the health issue in Belgium and Europe.
Travel health insurance is a complementary insurance that meet the requirement to enter the Schengen Area.

As your wife doesn't have yet a Belgian foreigner id card, she's not yet protected by your mutuality as a dependent. And so, she must have a "temporary" travel insurance in order to take the plane and stay in Belgium, until she receive physically the id card to cover any health expense.

Basically the family reunion process for non-EU takes around 9 months

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the information, yes the respective documents are attached to the file, waiting for re-review of documents and for next stages of processing.
Fingers crossed for time being.... hoping for decision sooner.

I am finding it tough to resolve renting a suitable accommodation for my family ( furnished 2-3 bedroom apartment) as proof of suitable accommodation required in the family reunification application and the for 6-9 months the rented apartment is only occupied by me ( waiting for the family to join).

Can you advise what I can do? Is it ok to get people to rent some of the rooms while waiting for the family reunification visa to be accorded? Or should I just move out to a studio apartment after submitting the family reunification visa application since it's going to take about 9 months for non EU?

ho no, don't play that card...
You must proof to the immigration that you're ready to welcome them """by tomorrow""".
Meaning that you've enough space for them & you and everything is ready. (room for children, room for you, enough m², ...)

Don't move to a studio or they'll be denied on the basis that your accommodation is not good enough.

Thank you so much Alex.

I appreciate this advice.

I will stay in the three bedroom apartment till they join me.

Hi ,

We have applied for a family reunion visa on 18th August and we got an email saying it is sent to embassy.  I spoke to embassy and they said it will take around 2-5 months. 

Will it take so much time to get a dependent VISA. Is there a chance to get it within 2 months.

Thanks
VK

May I ask if you are non EU? 

2-5 months is not bad considering that for some people it takes 6-9months.
I should say 2-5 months is a good sign.

Best wishes 👍

Dear,

Yes, I am from Non EU region and I have been in Belgium from last November.

Need one more clarification,  I am staying with my friend and contract is on both the names.  We didnt have registered agreement and I registered my self on MyRent site. Will there be any issue in this case to process my dependent visa

Thanks

Ok I am not sure about dependent visa but one thing I am sure is that anything regarding family reunion has to be taken carefully. I think it LL be  proper for the immigration office to know that there is a place fit your family. So if the immigration is convinced That the house you are living in right now is good enough for your wife and child then it's ok. But if they have any doubts, then that's not good.

Best wishes 👍

Thanks for your inputs.

I am taking a new house for rent and shifting in November.   Is there a possibilities to provide the new address details in case if they dont accept the current agreement.  Will it delay the process.

Thanks
VK

Yes as soon as you get your place send the new REGISTERED rental agreement to the embassy. But you may be lucky and get a good reply from them before November

Adeyole, how about your application?. It seems you are a Nigerian.

My wife wrote to the immigration in Belgiim, she applied at TLS 6th of December,

We have received the visa application and it is currently being treated. Normally the treatment period is 9 months (maximum 15 months) from the date stated on the proof of submission. As soon as a decision is taken it will be communicated by the diplomatic post which will invite the visa applicant and give the decision.

hello, in how many days did you receive a reply after sending additional documents?  What is the answer ?  I am a non-EU person, I have been living in Belgium for 3 years. Marriage visa application was received on 2.11.2021, the file came to ibzdofi on 20.12.2022.  Additional documents were requested on 8.02.2022.  Additional documents reached dofi on 09.02.2022.  today is 22/02/2022 and still no news.  In how many days does the decision come out after the additional documents?