Nationality status

Hi Everyone,

This is regarding the Nationality. its been already 4 months and 1 week  that i applied for the nationality and i haven't received any communication or letter from the commune.
1.is it possible to check the status of  it by any means or just wait for the communication?
2. if its over 4 months, is it considered as positive?
3. Can i travel in this period to non  EU countries? is it possible?

Please share your experience if you know. it will be very helpful.

thanks

Hi,

I know 3 people(including me) applied in July 2021 still waiting for a response.
Commune did not give any proper answer other than asking us to wait.

1) [is it possible to check the status]  Unfortunately there is no way to check the status. Once the nationality is approved, it is reflected in the mon dossier https://mondossier.rrn.fgov.be/. Before that, we only see who consulted our data, with no useful information.
2) [if its over 4 months, is it considered as positive?]   We get a registered letter before 4 months in case of any problem. From others experiences, we have to assume that it is positive if no communication for 4 months.

3. [Can i travel in this period to non  EU countries? is it possible?] I had the same question. Check the responses.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=959987

thanks Atul for the reply. i applied for it on Aug 1st. i will have to wait bit more then.

lets hope for the best.

Regards

I got it in March 2021 and took me 5 months. I had declared in October 2020. At the commune they told me the deadline will become 6 months from 1.1.2021 so 4 months you are still early.
Just keep an eye at https://mondossier.rrn.fgov.be/fr/actes.do
Once the nationality act appears there you've got it. Also there is no harm to travel anywhere as the residence card is still valid until you apply for ID card.

thank you Edigj

Did you get an answer already?

no not yet. in next 13 days i will complete 6 months. i dont see anything in mijndossier either. Are you also waiting for it?

No, still waiting too. But to me they said that that maximum waiting time is 4 months. My 4 months expire in 13 days too :)

I checked Mijndossier and I saw a document called AKTE VAN BELGISCHE NATIONALITEIT with my details and the date the document was issued. Does this mean my nationality application got accepted? and what is the next step.
Thanks

Hi,

i got an email from the commune saying my nationality is approved and they asked me to take an appointment for applying for ID card. i couldnt connect to Mijndosier with my RP card.

it took 5 months 20 days for me to get the approval.

thanks

Amir Fahmy wrote:

I checked Mijndossier and I saw a document called AKTE VAN BELGISCHE NATIONALITEIT with my details and the date the document was issued. Does this mean my nationality application got accepted? and what is the next step.
Thanks

yes, commune will contact you with an invitation for id card change.

Awesome - thanks  a lot Aneesh

Question - To apply for nationality, first we should get either D or B Card?

Commune told me to get Card B / Card D (L) before applying for Belgi Nationality.

YEs, you need one of the long-term residence cards as a pre-requisite to apply for nationality.

Hi Everyone,This is regarding the Nationality. its been already 4 months and 1 week that i applied for the nationality and i haven't received any communication or letter from the commune. 1.is it possible to check the status of it by any means or just wait for the communication? 2. if its over 4 months, is it considered as positive?3. Can i travel in this period to non EU countries? is it possible?Please share your experience if you know. it will be very helpful.thanks -@Amicable4uHello, which commune you've applied through if i may ask?

@Amir Fahmy I am mansur I ask some questions I apply for nationaliteit belgium can I see my dossier online to check my nationality