Mom's Family Visit visa application - Advice/Help

Dear All,

I need an information regarding my Mom's Family visit application from India to Belgium. I live with my wife in Brussels and we are expecting a baby in the month of August. My mom will be visiting us for the period of 3 months and we wish to have all the documents in place for a positive decision by Embassy. My mom is Homemaker and I will be sponsoring my Mom for these 3 months. I earn around 2800 net income and live in 2 bedroom apartment. As My mom is a home maker, we are planning to enclose the certificate regarding the land currently she owns in India.

As She is visiting us for short time, we believe that this will help for a positive decision due to the fact that My mom will return to India after visiting us. I referred to the required documents by VFS and preparing all the documents regarding the same. However, wish to know what specific document should I be submitting to prove that My Mom has a land in India. If anybody had done this before , I would really appreciate your help and general advise in this application process.

Thank you all. Kind regards, Mari

Apart from all the documents that are utilized for your mom's application the strongest documents you need to include is the 3bis form of support/responsibility and 3- 6 months bank statements and 3-6 months salary slips from your side. From your mom's side they would expect some sort of bank savings in her account (even though you are showing support via 3bis) which if she dosent have you can transfer some money to her account and use that as proof.

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/NL/Docu … _03_02.pdf

Thank you. I noted your information. The document 3bis I can get from the commune directly? . Also I understand that 3bis will be issued only to those with permanent residence status at least at my commune 1200 Woluwe saint Lambert, Brussels. I am not a permanent resident yet and willing to get ad advise on how can I receive this document (as some communes issue this document).

Is there also minimum amount which i need to keep as balance in my bank account at Belgium and my mom's bank account in India?

Thank you for remaining information.

Annex 3bis is only available to permanent residents of Belgium, with sufficient outcomes per month. (only permanent resident/European living in BE : Belgian, B, C, D,  E,  E+,  F,  F+ card,  annexe 8 or 8bis)
And yes, your hometown will provide it to you. (ask 2 annex 3bis, to avoid doing a copy)

To be eligible, you need a minimum per month of 1500€ if single, then 150€ more per person in your care (if they're not working).

You need to understand that if you want to get a visa C, you need to prove:
* the purpose of your trip (where/how/why/relationship with you/....  ==> invitation letter + stamp from the hometown to legalized your signature. You also write that you'll be on vacation too and ALWAYS with your mum, she won't be alone in Belgium!!! + you pay the flight tickets, not her)
* the conditions of your residence (financial stuff that cover her stay, so she wouldn't be a charge to our government / insurance / ...)
* guarantees of return to your country of origin on expiry of the visa. (job/house/children/MONEY/... She should explain it in her cover letter)

Annex 3bis will only cover the conditions of her residence, NOT the guarantees of return. If you can't do an annex 3bis, she will need to have 95€ per day (if she stays in hotels) or 45€ per day (if she stays in your house).

MOST of the family visit applications are refused by the immigration because the requestor doesn't proof enough guarantees that they'll go back home, no matter what.

====> She should show them anything with some value (house, apartment, loan, car, boat, family tie in India, credit cards, saving account, whatever...)
Show as much money as possible on HER side!!!
Give them a reason to believe she has everything in her country, and so, she doesn't have any reason to stay in Belgium.

I've read your message again... and I forgot something important.
You're expecting your mum to have a 3 months Visa C...

Legally speaking, she can.
But in reality, if she never traveled to any OECD country before, they'll never give that much... Not if it's her first Schengen visa ever...
It would be really great if she ever got previous visa(s) from any "rich" country and already proof her integrity (she came back home without any trouble with the immigration ==> she can be trusted)

You should probably consider reducing the duration to 1 month / 1 month and a half maximum...

As you're hoping for you mum to come in Augustus, you should start the request as soon as possible. As it might take up to 3 months for the immigration to give their answer. So you don't have much time left to do the right things.

IF it's her 1st Schengen Visa application ever, and was never denied before, you should send her at least 2-3k€, and she should put it on a saving account.
Then she should show 3-6 months of bank history (she should show at least some activity in it) + an official paper from her bank she has a saving account + amount.

You should also consider spending 100€ here in Belgium to talk with an advocate specialized in immigration... One visit is enough if your file is "ready".
Better spending a bit money to improve her file, than doing mistakes that could have been avoid!

Good luck!

AlexFromBelgium wrote:

I've read your message again... and I forgot something important.
You're expecting your mum to have a 3 months Visa C...

Legally speaking, she can.
But in reality, if she never traveled to any OECD country before, they'll never give that much... Not if it's her first Schengen visa ever...
It would be really great if she ever got previous visa(s) from any "rich" country and already proof her integrity (she came back home without any trouble with the immigration ==> she can be trusted)

You should probably consider reducing the duration to 1 month / 1 month and a half maximum...

As you're hoping for you mum to come in Augustus, you should start the request as soon as possible. As it might take up to 3 months for the immigration to give their answer. So you don't have much time left to do the right things.

IF it's her 1st Schengen Visa application ever, and was never denied before, you should send her at least 2-3k€, and she should put it on a saving account.
Then she should show 3-6 months of bank history (she should show at least some activity in it) + an official paper from her bank she has a saving account + amount.

You should also consider spending 100€ here in Belgium to talk with an advocate specialized in immigration... One visit is enough if your file is "ready".
Better spending a bit money to improve her file, than doing mistakes that could have been avoid!

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your kind help with lot of details for each specific input. I noted them with care. Considering your inputs, I planned to keep the following ready;

1. Keeping the savings around 4k Euros in my MOM's savings account. I have sufficient accommodation at my apartment (~85 square meter, 2 Bedroom apartment) for which I will enclose my registered rental agreement.

2. Enclosing the certification of my Mom owning a land in India. This is to let the officials know that she has something back in India to return. Do you think, this adds positive value?. Kindly advise. My mom has been home maker and did not have a very active savings account status as my personal account back in India was used for all the daily expenses.

3. My mom had not visited any country before and receiving a new passport first time having spent her life at my village back in India. As My Mom's purpose of visit is to visit my wife who will be giving the birth in August, I thought of applying for 3 months visa.  However considering your inputs, I will try to reduce the number of days of visit to maximum of 2 or 1.5 months as you had suggested.

4. As the purpose of visit is to visit my wife who is pregnant, can you kindly advise me, whether submitting the certificate from the Doctor (stating that my Wife is pregnant) will increase the chances of positive view from consulate?.

5. My residence permit is under renewal now and will ensure to file the application for my mom is submitted at earliest.

6. Once I prepared all the documents I will try to get the advise from Advocate (I will inquire on this and if there is any reference, will appreciate).

(I understand that in at least one commune at Etterbeek, Brussels , the residents was able to get 3bis though with temporary residence card i.e A).

Again, I highly respect your time and efforts in giving detailed inputs in trying to help us.

Kind regards,
Mari

1) Remember to show as much possible money as you can, on HER side (you get enough money on your side, they don't care about you anymore based on what you've stated in this topic! Focus on HER side and the reason why she'll goes back in India!).
That is the key to get her visa ==> she'll go back in India because she has enough money and reasons to go back (family ties/house/territory/...)
They don't give a damn about your house for a visa C. (enough space, rooms, ...)
They only care about it for visa D (long stay).

2) Owning is PERFECT, show as much proof as possible! (official paper + legalized/translatation) ==> she will go back in her home after the end of her visa because she has EVERYTHING in India! ++++++++++ MONEY/House/Loan/family tie/...
Try to make her use of a bank card/credit card!!! Show activity that proof she's living in India!
You don't care about debit, you want to show as much money as possible such as loan, salary, ...
(Send money on a saving account and ask her to ask for a visa/mastercard/amex card!!!!!!!!!!! ===> she has money in India and she's trusted by the banks ===> because she must travel outside of India!!!)
You're her SON, you can freely give money to her, it's your mum!
They've nothing to say about it ==> no reason to hide it (especially knowing you don't have much time left to start the Visa C request) (through it's better if they can't see it in her 3 months bank history...)

3) Based on what you're saying, don't expect more than 1 month / 1 month in a half. Ask advises to your advocate. (Remember it would be her first ever visa in an OECD's country!!! You might not understand what it means, but it would be HUGE for her!!!)
Once you get an OECD visa, you can travel nearly EVERYWHERE in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any visa-free, even if requested from a "poor" country!

4) Definitely yes. The visa officer doesn't know you. They don't know if you're lying/cheating/else. Give them proofs about what you're stating!

If your Belgian doctor say: "Hey, his wife is pregnant! That's real!" they'll say: OK, he's not lying, there's a reason for his mum to come and visit them. (ESPECIALLY if your dad STAY in Indian and if she comes alone + other brothers/sisters/daughter/son in India ====> she has a reason to come back home!!!! ==> Family ties (PROOF IT/WRITE IT)! ==> Certificate of household: My husband is living at the EXACT same address as me, my daughther/son too, ... ==> official paper with a stamp from the police/hometown that state it! ==> state papers! Stamp everywhere! == proof that you're not lying)

5) You don't care. You're in Belgium and are still working in Belgium.
As you're working, you're not in charge of the social laws. So there's absolutely no reason why your renewal would be denied. (as long as you're working and get money to handle your family in Belgium, they don't fucking care! ==> OK)

6) I've send you the info about my personal advocate in private message. I'm not forcing you to call her, you're free to do whatever you want and call any other one, but she's pretty known in Belgium which is pretty good, no bullshit (Family of advocates...)!
She'll give you good advices (and she's talking English).

NOT "A" card about annex 3bis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It will be denied by the embassy as you're not a permanent resident in Belgium (based on immigration answer)!!!
Your hometown doesn't know it at all, they just give that damn paper without thinking!!!!!!!!!!! (Most of the people working in your hometown doesn't know about immigration laws!!!)

Belgian's immigration is the one to ACCEPT it! Not your hometown!!!
And if it's an 'A' card, they'll refuse it!!! Even if your hometown did allow you to sign that paper!!!
Only Belgian, B, C, D,  E,  E+,  F,  F+ card, annex 8 or 8bis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on what you said, she was never denialed before! (so no history background!)
So make it looks good for the immigration!!!

My 2 cents.

Point 1. Mode of financial support during travel and stay. Does she have a credit card ? If not, for intial period, it is good to mention in the cover letter that she will be carrying travellers cheques or cash during travel, will cover this point.

Point 2. Yes, any asset in India can help. And as Alex mentioned, details of family there, etc will make your case stronger (the key point consulate checks is "Will this person go back to home country after the intended period of stay"). There is no need to translate any of these. Documents in English is well accepted by the consulate. Any supporting documents - LIC policies, savings schemes, pension schemes - can be provided as proof of the applicant's financial association with the home country.

Point 3. Based on experience of self and my friends, there is nothing wrong in applying 2 months or more (it should be less than 89 days in theory), If you show accommodation (your invite letter can clearly mention this + your registered rental contract) and mode of financial support (you are showing bank balance of your mother + your bank statements / employment letter and salary slips as additional support).

Point 4. Be careful with this. This can play against you. I know a friend who asked and the consulate didn't like the fact that the mother is coming to take care of pregnancy period (she is not a maid) and also suspected that she wont go back, and visa was denied. In my opinion, just mention she is coming to spend time with you all and also to visit some European tourist attractions during her stay. Also as it is August period - you can say to spend the summer where you will also have holidays, etc.

Point 5. If your current RP (copy of wihch you will submit with your mother's visa application) is expiring soon, it is better to apply with the renewed new RP.

Cover letter: Additional and important: It is very important for your mom to make a very detailed and up to the point cover letter, mentioning all facts. Cover letter should present your case as convincing as possible.

Invite from your side: Make it in the standard format and get it legalized by your local commune and courier the original to your mother. (You may now have understood that Alex means by hometown - is your local commune/townhall).

And in terms of timelines, if the file is processed in India (Mumbai consulate), you will get an answer in 7 days max (if it is positive, or if the file is sent to Belgium - If the file is sent to Belgium, then as Alex said, it may take a long time for an answer and often, it is negative). It is very important that your paperwork is perfect so that the consulate doesnt feel the need to send the file to Belgium for decision making.

I agree with Alex's remark on form 3bis. Although some communes give this to non-PR holders, consulate knows if you are a PR holder or not. Having this said, I know many cases where non-PR holders applied with 3bis and the file went through without any issues. But why take chance. In the invite letter you can mention that your mother will have enough funds in her account to bear the costs of travel and stay.

I have format of invite and cover letter, etc. You can PM Me, I can send it to you.

Additional to all these, confirmed air tickets (or blocked itinerary), travel insurance, etc. must also be arranged.

Good luck with the application.

Dear Alex, Aneesh, Thank you so much for your detailed replies. They are really guiding me well to prepare the documents. I have taken care of all the mentioned points.

Regarding point -3. To show that My Mother will be returning back to India, 

I am referring to the following pafe in IBZ.

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Guid … etour.aspx

on this regards, In addition to showing some funds in my Mothers Banks account, I am planning to show 2 affidavits with Notary stamps.

One showing the ownership of the property my Mother Owns.
Second showing the family members currently residing  in India. (My Father and My Brother who currently lives in India)

Can you please advise, the affidavits with Notary stamps are legal proofs? I can as well apostle them if needed.

Regarding Point #4. Looking at your friends experience, very sad to know that.

In my case, Should I mention the purpose of the visit as 'family visit' still?. or 'Toursit' visa? Or I should mention it as family visit mentioning that 'To spend good time with new born baby' + adding the certification from the Doctor saying about the pregnancy due date.?

Many thanks to both of you for helping me.

Kind regards,
Marimuthu

Hey Marimuthu,

3) Don't "just" say: my husband & other son are staying in India while I go in Belgium. Proof it ==> Certificate of residentship / family book (make sure they can read the street name/city where they live).

I don't know about affidavits, Aneesh would know.
By default if you're not sure ==> apostle everything.

4) Visit & tourist visa are COMPLETELY different with advantages and disadvantages in your case;
For friend visit visa, your mum MUST have AT LEAST 45€ per day (if she stay in a private home / invitation)
For tourist visa, your mum MUST have AT LEAST 95€ per day. (more than the double which is normal as she would need to pay for hotel / ...)

(and papers are a bit different)

Do the maths, but the friend visit "should" be a bit easier, but the friend/family visit visa is also the hardest to get (remember Belgian immigration is really strict!)
You should most probably go for the: "spending good time with family & new born & visit where my son is living & certificate from Belgian doctor ANNNNNNDDDDDD I'll go back home because I've everything in India"

Good luck  :cheers:

I have format of invite and cover letter, etc. You can PM Me, I can send it to you.

Good morning

Anish Etta can you send above formats to me I want to bring my mother.

Send here or if not possible send to - **

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : for security reason, please exchange your private contact via your private message system. Thank you

Hi Anish,

Hope you are doing fine,
I am currently pregnant and would like to invite my mom during the time of delivery. Do you mind sharing with me the cover letter and the invitation letter format that you have or format of any other supporting documents that you may have used for inviting your family?
Please do let me know if you came across any other recent information from your friends and family regarding the invitation visa which could be useful to me :)

Thanks very much in advance,

Best Regards,
Daphnie

Hi All,

First I've to say this thread is super useful and you guys must be awesome to share such helpful details.

Im in same situation but I think I have one big hindrance.

Problem : I'm trying to get my mom here by May but she is a single mom and except her sisters & brothers around (not living with my mom) there is no one else from our own family back there with her. I'm worried if this is going to play against her VISA.

I can take care of everything you guys suggested above. Im starting to make few big transactions into her account (From mine<->to her) now and she has couple of plots on her name. Apart from this is there anything i can do in specific to convince the authorities over the above hassle. 

Do you guys know anyone with same story had got the approval.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Regards,
Siddharth

Family ties is good to show to proof she'll return home. That's something to always tell/explain.

But what immigration/embassy want to see is: house / apartment / everything valuable (car/boat/...) ==> owning ==> reason to come back home.

Hello,

I can share my experience with you.
My mum visited me last year from China and she's retired.
I am not a permanent resident in Belgium either but I also included my salary slips in the documents for her visa application documents. (I earn about 2400 net here)
And I write in my invitation letter that my mum will stay with me.

My mum includes also her retirement pension account (which is not much, only around equivalent 200 EUR per month)

another important document is a notary certificate of showing my mum is my mum...lol

My mum got her visa for 3 months stay, and she has never been abroad before. This was her first overseas visit.

don't worry, just prepare the documents as required by your local embassy, it should be fine.

Good luck!

@jenogeorge

Hello,  I am pregnant and I and my Belgerian husband wish to invite my sister from Nigeria to assist me in Belgium bcos I already have two kids and the 3rd on the way. My mother would have been the best option but she's late. Can you help with advice and how I can go about it?

@Aneesh

Hello, I am pregnant and I and my Belgerian husband wish to invite my sister from Nigeria to assist me in Belgium bcos I already have two kids and the 3rd on the way. My mother would have been the best option but she's late. Can you help with advice and how I can go about it?

Hello, I am applying for a schengen visa for my mum to visit me in Belgium. She is housewife, in the visa form for occupation which option I should indicate as her occupation:

Accompanied housefie?

Unaccompanied housewife?

What are the differences between two options?

Or I sould mention somethingelse

Thank you

@firoozehb : I have the same question. Could someone please help which is correct option in this case.

I used Unaccompanied housewife, for my mom's visa application. It is still under process :-)