Mom's Family Visit visa application - Advice/Help

Dear All,

I need an information regarding my Mom’s Family visit application from India to Belgium. I live with my wife in Brussels and we are expecting a baby in the month of August. My mom will be visiting us for the period of 3 months and we wish to have all the documents in place for a positive decision by Embassy. My mom is Homemaker and I will be sponsoring my Mom for these 3 months. I earn around 2800 net income and live in 2 bedroom apartment. As My mom is a home maker, we are planning to enclose the certificate regarding the land currently she owns in India.

As She is visiting us for short time, we believe that this will help for a positive decision due to the fact that My mom will return to India after visiting us. I referred to the required documents by VFS and preparing all the documents regarding the same. However, wish to know what specific document should I be submitting to prove that My Mom has a land in India. If anybody had done this before , I would really appreciate your help and general advise in this application process.

Thank you all. Kind regards, Mari

Apart from all the documents that are utilized for your mom's application the strongest documents you need to include is the 3bis form of support/responsibility and 3- 6 months bank statements and 3-6 months salary slips from your side. From your mom's side they would expect some sort of bank savings in her account (even though you are showing support via 3bis) which if she dosent have you can transfer some money to her account and use that as proof.

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/NL/Docu … _03_02.pdf

Thank you. I noted your information. The document 3bis I can get from the commune directly? . Also I understand that 3bis will be issued only to those with permanent residence status at least at my commune 1200 Woluwe saint Lambert, Brussels. I am not a permanent resident yet and willing to get ad advise on how can I receive this document (as some communes issue this document).

Is there also minimum amount which i need to keep as balance in my bank account at Belgium and my mom's bank account in India?

Thank you for remaining information.

Annex 3bis is only available to permanent residents of Belgium, with sufficient outcomes per month. (only permanent resident/European living in BE : Belgian, B, C, D,  E,  E+,  F,  F+ card,  annexe 8 or 8bis)
And yes, your hometown will provide it to you. (ask 2 annex 3bis, to avoid doing a copy)

To be eligible, you need a minimum per month of 1500€ if single, then 150€ more per person in your care (if they're not working).

You need to understand that if you want to get a visa C, you need to prove:
* the purpose of your trip (where/how/why/relationship with you/....  ==> invitation letter + stamp from the hometown to legalized your signature. You also write that you'll be on vacation too and ALWAYS with your mum, she won't be alone in Belgium!!! + you pay the flight tickets, not her)
* the conditions of your residence (financial stuff that cover her stay, so she wouldn't be a charge to our government / insurance / ...)
* guarantees of return to your country of origin on expiry of the visa. (job/house/children/MONEY/... She should explain it in her cover letter)

Annex 3bis will only cover the conditions of her residence, NOT the guarantees of return. If you can't do an annex 3bis, she will need to have 95€ per day (if she stays in hotels) or 45€ per day (if she stays in your house).

MOST of the family visit applications are refused by the immigration because the requestor doesn't proof enough guarantees that they'll go back home, no matter what.

====> She should show them anything with some value (house, apartment, loan, car, boat, family tie in India, credit cards, saving account, whatever...)
Show as much money as possible on HER side!!!
Give them a reason to believe she has everything in her country, and so, she doesn't have any reason to stay in Belgium.

I've read your message again... and I forgot something important.
You're expecting your mum to have a 3 months Visa C...

Legally speaking, she can.
But in reality, if she never traveled to any OECD country before, they'll never give that much... Not if it's her first Schengen visa ever...
It would be really great if she ever got previous visa(s) from any "rich" country and already proof her integrity (she came back home without any trouble with the immigration ==> she can be trusted)

You should probably consider reducing the duration to 1 month / 1 month and a half maximum...

As you're hoping for you mum to come in Augustus, you should start the request as soon as possible. As it might take up to 3 months for the immigration to give their answer. So you don't have much time left to do the right things.

IF it's her 1st Schengen Visa application ever, and was never denied before, you should send her at least 2-3k€, and she should put it on a saving account.
Then she should show 3-6 months of bank history (she should show at least some activity in it) + an official paper from her bank she has a saving account + amount.

You should also consider spending 100€ here in Belgium to talk with an advocate specialized in immigration... One visit is enough if your file is "ready".
Better spending a bit money to improve her file, than doing mistakes that could have been avoid!

Good luck!

AlexFromBelgium :

I've read your message again... and I forgot something important.
You're expecting your mum to have a 3 months Visa C...

Legally speaking, she can.
But in reality, if she never traveled to any OECD country before, they'll never give that much... Not if it's her first Schengen visa ever...
It would be really great if she ever got previous visa(s) from any "rich" country and already proof her integrity (she came back home without any trouble with the immigration ==> she can be trusted)

You should probably consider reducing the duration to 1 month / 1 month and a half maximum...

As you're hoping for you mum to come in Augustus, you should start the request as soon as possible. As it might take up to 3 months for the immigration to give their answer. So you don't have much time left to do the right things.

IF it's her 1st Schengen Visa application ever, and was never denied before, you should send her at least 2-3k€, and she should put it on a saving account.
Then she should show 3-6 months of bank history (she should show at least some activity in it) + an official paper from her bank she has a saving account + amount.

You should also consider spending 100€ here in Belgium to talk with an advocate specialized in immigration... One visit is enough if your file is "ready".
Better spending a bit money to improve her file, than doing mistakes that could have been avoid!

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your kind help with lot of details for each specific input. I noted them with care. Considering your inputs, I planned to keep the following ready;

1. Keeping the savings around 4k Euros in my MOM's savings account. I have sufficient accommodation at my apartment (~85 square meter, 2 Bedroom apartment) for which I will enclose my registered rental agreement.

2. Enclosing the certification of my Mom owning a land in India. This is to let the officials know that she has something back in India to return. Do you think, this adds positive value?. Kindly advise. My mom has been home maker and did not have a very active savings account status as my personal account back in India was used for all the daily expenses.

3. My mom had not visited any country before and receiving a new passport first time having spent her life at my village back in India. As My Mom's purpose of visit is to visit my wife who will be giving the birth in August, I thought of applying for 3 months visa.  However considering your inputs, I will try to reduce the number of days of visit to maximum of 2 or 1.5 months as you had suggested.

4. As the purpose of visit is to visit my wife who is pregnant, can you kindly advise me, whether submitting the certificate from the Doctor (stating that my Wife is pregnant) will increase the chances of positive view from consulate?.

5. My residence permit is under renewal now and will ensure to file the application for my mom is submitted at earliest.

6. Once I prepared all the documents I will try to get the advise from Advocate (I will inquire on this and if there is any reference, will appreciate).

(I understand that in at least one commune at Etterbeek, Brussels , the residents was able to get 3bis though with temporary residence card i.e A).

Again, I highly respect your time and efforts in giving detailed inputs in trying to help us.

Kind regards,
Mari