Need help on understanding the VISA status

Hello,
I am an Indian working in Belgium on Type B WP. My wife (currently in India) has applied for Type D long stay VISA .
The current status of the application is :

Date de l'enregistrement de la demande de visa par l'Office des étrangers:    Jan 21 2019
Décision:    En attente de la réception de documents étayant la demande de visa envoyés par valise diplomatique par le poste diplomatique/consulaire.
Date de la décision:    Feb 12 2019
extra info1:    Le dossier de visa n'est traité qu'au moment de la réception des documents concernés, même si la demande de visa a déjà été transmise par voie électronique précédemment. L'envoi par valise diplomatique dure en moyenne un mois. La durée de traitement de la demande de visa dépend ensuite de la complexité du dossier.
extra info2:    La décision est en principe envoyée le jour où elle est prise. Un délai de quelques jours peut cependant s'écouler avant sa réception effective par le poste diplomatique ou consulaire.

[Translated by Google Translate]

Date of registration of the visa application by the Aliens Office: Jan 21 2019
Decision: Pending receipt of documents supporting the visa application sent by diplomatic bag by diplomatic / consular post.
Date of the decision: Feb 12 2019
extra info1: The visa file is processed only when the relevant documents are received, even if the visa application has already been transmitted electronically. The sending by diplomatic bag lasts an average of one month. The processing time of the visa application then depends on the complexity of the file.
extra info2: The decision is normally sent the day it is taken. A period of a few days may, however, pass before it is actually received by the diplomatic or consular post.

Whom should we contact in this case ? We tried mailing IBZ and their reply is following :

"
The infodesk service does not communicate about decisions.

The competent service in Brussels or the diplomatic post abroad will take contact with the visa applicant if needed or when additional information or documents are required.

"

Could someone please explain what does it mean ?

This question was asked previously in the forum and was responded too. (https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=560505)

Please research exisitng threads before starting a new one.

This means DOFI asked for extra documents to the consulate and they are waiting for these documents.

Consulate will relay this requirement to you via VFS.  just wait for the communication from VFS and dont panic :)

Thanks for the quick(as always !) reply aneesh

Do you know how much time does it normally take for VFS to get in touch with the applicant from the time the  status is updated on DOFI website ?

Hi when and where did you apply 2019 at new Delhi?
what are the documents did you submit? Please inform me

Hi! I got exactly the same update today? Did you get an update on this?

Please let me know?

in 11/4/2019 I applied for a family reunion visa with an EU national living in Belgium and after one month and a half from the date above  I received a call from the embassy for an interview. A week later they asked me for a marriage certificate and I brought it to them. Since that day, I have not received any reply from the embassy & when I check the visa stuts i see this Décision:    En attente de la réception de documents étayant la demande de visa envoyés par valise diplomatique par le poste diplomatique/consulaire , but the processing time for the visa ( C visa in order to accompany or join a citizen of the European Union or a citizen of the European Economic Area or a Swiss or a Belgian who exercises his /her right to free movement
The visa application of a family member of a person covered by Directive 2004/38/EC must be examined as soon as possible and under an accelerated procedure [article 5.2. of the Directive).
Belgian diplomatic and consular posts may issue a C visa without consulting the Immigration Office if the applicant establishes that he / she is covered by the Directive. In most cases, this visa is issued within 15 days of the submission of the visa application.
If the applicant fails to establish that he / she is covered by the Directive, the post office must forward the visa application to the Immigration Office. In this case, the processing time is longer (6 weeks from the reception of the visa application). I dont know what to do really , my wife called the ambassy and they told her to inform me that when the immigration office take a decision Ill receive a call , my question do you have experience with this , would you help please , thank you ، I pot this in public to receive an experience from people please , thanks for all

Hatamleh wrote:

in 11/4/2019 I applied for a family reunion visa with an EU national living in Belgium and after one month and a half from the date above  I received a call from the embassy for an interview. A week later they asked me for a marriage certificate and I brought it to them. Since that day, I have not received any reply from the embassy & when I check the visa stuts i see this Décision:    En attente de la réception de documents étayant la demande de visa envoyés par valise diplomatique par le poste diplomatique/consulaire , but the processing time for the visa ( C visa in order to accompany or join a citizen of the European Union or a citizen of the European Economic Area or a Swiss or a Belgian who exercises his /her right to free movement
The visa application of a family member of a person covered by Directive 2004/38/EC must be examined as soon as possible and under an accelerated procedure [article 5.2. of the Directive).
Belgian diplomatic and consular posts may issue a C visa without consulting the Immigration Office if the applicant establishes that he / she is covered by the Directive. In most cases, this visa is issued within 15 days of the submission of the visa application.
If the applicant fails to establish that he / she is covered by the Directive, the post office must forward the visa application to the Immigration Office. In this case, the processing time is longer (6 weeks from the reception of the visa application). I dont know what to do really , my wife called the ambassy and they told her to inform me that when the immigration office take a decision Ill receive a call , my question do you have experience with this , would you help please , thank you ، I pot this in public to receive an experience from people please , thanks for all

Hello, please I need to know if you eventually got the visa if yes how long total did it take?
I am in the same situation family reunion with an eu citizen living and working in Belgium. Applied March 9th
I know the covid situation have slow things down tho.

Coco2020 wrote:

Hello, please I need to know if you eventually got the visa if yes how long total did it take?
I am in the same situation family reunion with an eu citizen living and working in Belgium. Applied March 9th
I know the covid situation have slow things down tho.

Dear,

This has already been repeated dozens of times. It is impossible for any of us to give you a date. COVID 19 or not ...

Look in the archives regarding this style of discussion. You will see that some people receive a response within a month and others have waited up to 8 or 9 months.

So just like everyone else, wait.

The only constancy that has been regularly demonstrated is that the quality put into the preparation of the application file greatly influences the speed of response of the Belgian government's immigration services.

Hello... I have applied for a visa to marry in Belgium with a Belgian citizen since July... and the status of the application changed 3 months ago to waiting for documents from the diplomatic bag... and I actually went for an interview 3 months ago at the embassy... and the Immigration Office asked my partner for a contract the house and send it to them immediately ... and there is no change yet. Is this normal ... and my partner is Belgian, will I wait 9 months

@nadiasenosy  are u still waiting?

nadiasenosy wrote:

Hello... I have applied for a visa to marry in Belgium with a Belgian citizen since July... and the status of the application changed 3 months ago to waiting for documents from the diplomatic bag... and I actually went for an interview 3 months ago at the embassy... and the Immigration Office asked my partner for a contract the house and send it to them immediately ... and there is no change yet. Is this normal ... and my partner is Belgian, will I wait 9 months

Won't your approved marriage declaration be expired by the time you arrive to Belgium?
I apply for my marriage declaration (still under investigation for 6 months now...) and it has a date written that you wanted to marry at which day.

Since you have to marry within 6 months & 14 days or else need to re-apply marriage declaration?
Or that's not how it works with visa C for "marriage"

*edit* nevermind, I got the answer. You need to re-apply the marriage declaration at the commune once you arrive but then they will hand it out without any investigation (since it got approved last time)

You don't care if it's gonna expire (I mean technically for the visa).
You'll just do a new one together or alone at the commune.

What matter is that the file you send to the embassy for the visa is not older than 6-7 months old.
And indeed, it will be renewed super easily as it was already approved + visa received in order to get married, so no problem at all :cheers:

Application is on hold means??

I am india and applied for short stay visa now in status its show application in on hold . What it means??

@nadiasenosy

Hi may i know what the status of your visa now,  You wait how many times after this info? until you recieve The visa

Because I exactly got the result thesame yours and I'm worried

Hope you notice It and Share your experiences with me

@AlexFromBelgium

Hi may i know what the status of your visa, You wait how many times? until you recieve The visa

Because I exactly got the result thesame yours and I'm worried

Hope you notice It and Share your experiences with me