Car prices & good car options?

Hi,

I will be moving to Norway soon and I've noticed the price of cars is extremely high.

I'll need one eventually and I don't want a rust bucket, so what cars tend to be fairly decent but don't hold their price very well?

Any suggestions, or alternative ideas?

Price range would be around 50,000 - 100,000 kr.
Thanks in advance.

Hello Indefinite & welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that other members will help you soon.

Harmonie.:)

Indefinite wrote:

Hi,

I will be moving to Norway soon and I've noticed the price of cars is extremely high.

I'll need one eventually and I don't want a rust bucket, so what cars tend to be fairly decent but don't hold their price very well?

Any suggestions, or alternative ideas?

Price range would be around 50,000 - 100,000 kr.
Thanks in advance.

VW Golf is the most poplular car. Easy to repair. Ford has low price but more failure. French car is also cheap, but a lot wont start in winter time. For about 50.000-100.000 kr you will get a decent car. finn.no is the place to find a car.

hello  ,  with   that  amount of  kroner   u  can  get   a very  good  and  nice  car   :-)  go   with   toyota

I have a Corolla hatchback for sale for Nkr. 140.000,-. Its a 2007, type D4-D Sol. Fully climacontrol, 4 electric windows, manual gearbox, abs, esp, radio, cd and much more. It use only 0,5 litre pr 10 km. New brakes on the back wheel. Black Metalic. This car is only driven by me, no one else! This car is the best buy you can do in Norway.

Hello zeast!

Could you please communicate this in private or post in Norway classifieds > buy & sell section/ cars.

Thank you,
Harmonie.:)