Will a Hep B carrier get an Iqama?

Any updates please for HBsAg +ve in KSA ?

Hi ..

Any update in this issue please ..

I'm a doctor, HBsAg +ve, PCR 200 , normal LFT

got a visa from the UK

will I get IQAMA?

thank you ..

Greetings Luna,

I hope this message finds  you well.

This can be done by your Hospital HR and usually yes they can issue Iqama for you. You might be at 3 moths test phase.

Feel free if you need help with any other topic

Best Regards

Essa

Hi @JesusIsaac,

Can you please tell about family residence visa? My wife is HBsAg positive, HBeAg Negative, HBV DNA Viral Load 1.8 x 10^3. What procedure I can follow to get her visa, as her medical report might get UNFIT so might need to follow some other procedure. Right?

@abskillz I believe she need to be vaccinated and has health certificate. The full medical report required by the embassy includes a medical examination, urinalysis, blood test for HIV, syphilis, Hepatitis B & C, & liver function.

A chest X-ray will be arranged for you. An additional pregnancy test is necessary for women.

@JesusIsaac

I am a medical doctor .British Citizen working in the UK

are you sure about it Essa !!

If she is a carrier of HBsAg she can't be vaccinated

applied for a visit visa since 3 weeks chamber done but still not yet approved or reject please any one share their experience, what i need to do

@Casper419 hi Casper can u share me your mail id or any contact details wanted to discuss and clear some doubts that would be very helpful for me..

Hello everyone,

Please note that contact details should not be posted on the forum for security reasons.

Such information can be shared by using the private messaging system.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl please reply with my pm

Unfortunately, I will not be able to assist you with this.

I will let someone who has dealt with this before shed some light on this situation.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Nawaf94

Hepatitis B surface antibody ( anti-HBs ) indicates immunity from the  virus, the person infected with  Hep B virus has recovered or the person has been vaccinated against Hepatitis B.

If a person test positive for anti-HBS or Hepatitis B antibody - it is a good thing.

@XTang

I just arrived at KSA, 17th September 2023. I am Hbsag positive due vaccinations and or recovery from Hepatitis B virus. The Saudi embassy in Washington DC asked for a letter from my medical doctor and after a week my visa was approved.

@petersenmarlon92

I will find out in about two weeks. I just took my Iqama medical tests afer arriving in KSA 17th September. I am Hbsag positive and also has antibody (anti-HBS), but my Saudi visa was approved in Washington  DC.

@XTang

I am Hep B positive and just arrived in KSA, 17 September. I just took my medical tests for Iqama and waiting for the test results.

@Batman_too

Whcih country you are from and there was no issue during GAMCA test in your home country as HBsag if its positive htey might mark as fit or is there special criteria or viral load to decide the fit or unfit results ? can you please elaborate on this testing in your home country. My wife has HBsag positive but very very less viral load and its non reactive as per doctor ceritificate. Can you share full details

I'm from the US. First, I tested positive for HBsag so the doctor requested another test for antibody and the result shows that I have surface antibodies providing immunity to Hep B. I submitted my visa application but the Saudi embassy returned my application, but not denied or rejected.

The embassy requested a medical letter from the doctor, explaining my condition and that no treatment is required since the viral load is low and it is dormant, that means I cannot pass the virus to others. I also included my vaccination record that shows I have been vaccinated three times. My doctor also said in the  letter that the Hep B and A positive results  are due to vaccination.

I finally got my visa approved two weeks ago and arrived in KSA, Riyadh last week. Still waiting for my Iqama medical test results. I'm sure it will show up positive again, so I am not off the hook yet. I will let them know that I will not be working as a food handler in restaurants or as a health care provider.

I'll give an update soon if I receive an Iqama or not.

Hi Every one, I am in a very similar situation and I'm highly considering moving to Saudi Arabia soon from Dubai.

I am a HbsAG Positive with very little viral load. What is the likelihood that I find myself with my Iqama refused if I take the risk ?

Also does failing Iqama result automatically in cancellation of working Visa ?

@Batman, could you please provide an update. I am in a very very similar situation. Your feedback would be helpful.

@Batman_too Please update if you received your iqama

Anyone has experience with housewife( not working) with hepatitis b but just started treatment to get the saudi resident iqama/visa? Appreciate any sharing.thanks

@Casper419

Dear Casper,

We're sorry to hear about your situation, and for the sake of clarity, could you provide us with some details about your HBSAG testing? Typically, the HBSAG test is conducted using the ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) procedure, which is commonly used in your home country.

You mentioned that you had a couple of tests. Could you specify which tests you had, whether they were quantitative or qualitative PCR tests, whether LFT (Liver Function Test) was conducted, or if there were any other relevant tests? This information would be helpful not just for us but also for others who might be facing similar situations.

Thank you for sharing these details.

Sincerely,

Ali Alam Bhatti

Dear Casper,

We're sorry to hear about your situation, and for the sake of clarity, could you provide us with some details about your HBSAG testing? Typically, the HBSAG test is conducted using the ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) procedure, which is commonly used in your home country.

You mentioned that you had a couple of tests. Could you specify which tests you had, whether they were quantitative or qualitative PCR tests, whether LFT (Liver Function Test) was conducted, or if there were any other relevant tests? This information would be helpful not just for us but also for others who might be facing similar situations.

Thank you for sharing these details.

Sincerely,

Ali

Dear Fellows ,

No one is this group is providing appropriate information ,

Look HBsAg which is mostly Done by ELISA Method if its Positive it will remain positive for rest of the life , Now If your PCR , LFT Etc is negative then its a good sign,

The question main is did anyone received Iqama with HBSGAG positive if yes then No issues no worries , Mr casper is not answering he wrote that some additional Test maybe those test were PCR DNA for Viral Load or LFT but he vanished   @JesusIsaac is hope lets see.

Best regards

@Luna2023

Dear Luna if HBSAG Or ANTI HCV or LFT , these issues are accepted for iqama but make not eligible in medial field, food handlers etc ,

if you are not in these fileds feel free and move you will get iqama 

is their any change in their policy ?? hepatitis B carrier.. viral load and hepatitis b E antigen is negative but surface antigen is positive

@ali0916881831 are you sure about it?

HI, I am suffering from hep B Positive can i go KSA as a Engineer. please help me anyone.

Hi my family!

I've  tested Hep B Positive; may I go to Saudi (KSA) as Fire Fighter?