Do you need a degree to be issued a work visa for Saudi Arabia

My partner is about to be given an offer of employment from a very large company in Saudi Arabia, but he has no formal qualifications. They are hiring him based on his 30 years experience in the field. But we noticed that to apply for a working or resident visa you have to provide copies of your University degree. The company arent worried about his lack of University education, but is this something the Government may refuse a visa on? Also, would it cause any issues for him getting his family over there with him>

Many thanks.
The company will give him a visa of a profession which doesn't need a degree.

A labor for example or a electrician.

The problem is: He wouldn't be able to get a family status/visa.
And if labor inspectors catch him while on a visit to the work place, there will be trouble.

@taparkin Hi, did you receive any real feedback on the process to apply for work visa's wiithout a degree?

The feedback was already given - maybe it doesn't seem real as it is not the feedback that OP wanted. 

There are professions which require a degree and professions which don't - this is pretty clear.   The only way to get hired without a degree is to come on a profession which doesn't require one (Usually lower level unskilled professions).   Now, that may be a problem because your actual job and the profession on your Iqama will be different.  Problems would include labor inspections and not being able to sponsor family members on such professions.

@XTang

is retail sales management/ director in sales those it require a degree?

I am Canadian me and the wife are planning to move Riyadh to work in a local company hired on experience? The company will be taking care of that for me .not sure if I will have problems 

Ask your sponsor.  MOHRE requirements change everyday so they will have the most updated information.  But most probably, yes.

Yes I asked the recruiter she stated no degree necessary letters of experience , so I m just confused I will see when the contract comes in and I start speaking with local HR. 

Recruiters are useless and don't understand anything - especially because they are not even based in Saudi.  I suspect the employer will ask for a degree for the visa process otherwise they will try to get a profession on the Iqama which doesn't require a degree.

Thanks alot Xtang , let's see how this plays out .

@johncarter2004

Would you mind updating John once you know more about your situation please? My hubby in exactly the same scenario as you but not ready to start process as yet. There doesn't seem to be any definite information about it, I have read some blogs that say letters of experience and high school education is accepted instead of degree education but I'd like to here from someone who is actually going through it recently themselves.

Seems strange if someone is highly skilled, has 30 years of experience, has post grad qualification but cannot get a visa because joined the military instead of getting a first degree🙄

TIA

@johncarter2004 hello John, may you share how did a recruiter from Saudi Arabia? Did you contact them or did they reach out to you? Can you please share some information?

thanks a lot.

@Garden fairy hi did you manage to get a visa sorted?

@taparkin hi did you manage to get this sorted? I have a university diploma but not a degree and hold two postgrads but one of them was online so not sure if I can get Iqama. Let me know if you managed to sort it and how. Thanks

@johncarter2004 did you manage to move to Saudi and get a work visa?