Missed TBC test deadline.

Hi,
Hope you all are well.
I arrived Netherlands first time in 2016 and i took the TB test and then after 3 months i went back. Then i came back again in 2018 but this time i did not do the TBC test because my colleagues told me the if you have done it once its not required next time. Is it still required to get the test done if i arrive second time?. Its been 2 years.
Now my partner arrived last year in June and she missed the deadline.
How we can resolve this . We haven't got any letter till now from IND.
Should we inform IND or simply set an appointment with GGD and do it.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

GGD is the agency that deals with it, your information tells me that you live in Utrecht, so I'd advise you to contact them there and sort it out; this link will take you to their local Utrecht website with the details.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi,
Thanks for the response. I have Dropped them an email for appointment. Can this lead to any effect on my RP renewal due next month? Do I need to connect with IND? Or simply get the test done.

Thank,

Hi again.

Any infringement of your RP conditions can lead to the Government reviewing your status.  That said, you're not the first one to have missed the test and the fact you have pro-actively tried to resolve this, then I suspect at worst you'll be warned of the importance of compliance with the rules.

If the IND have contacted you, then you should comply with whatever it says.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Many Thanks for that Cynic. IND has not contacted me till now. But I somehow realized that I missed it and trying to contact GGD for an appointment. Now should i proactively contact the IND that i missed the deadline or just get the TB test done?

Hi again.

Get the tests done - don't prod a sleeping tiger.  There is no requirement for you to report yourself and as I said at the outset, you're not the first person we've had come on here telling a similar story.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks Cynic for all the valuable information.
I will post about the progress and the end result.

Thank and have a nice day.

Hi,
Do you have any updates to share?
Thank you very much.

Hi,
I have done the TBC test 3 weeks back.

Thanks

Thanks for the update. One more question.
How much time GGD takes for test results and  then submitting it to IND?
Thanks

Hi,
I am not sure . Latest is i got my RP extension approved. My partner's is still in progress.

Thanks

Hi,i arrived to Nl last year end of April,i missed also the deadline,i have done it last week they told me that they will directly send it to the IND.

Thanks a lot for your update.
If you don't mind, could you please tell me how much time the renewal process took at IND?

Hi
For me it was 4 weeks . My partners still pending

Thanks

Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply.
Could you please update me once it is granted? And how much time it took to process? I am going through same situation. It would be great.
Thanks

Hi ,
Final update:-

Me and my partners RP extension was approved.

Thanks.

Excellent news; thanks for the update.

Dear all,

I am in a similar situation and it has been 4 yrs for me and 8 yrs for my partner. So based on the advice above should I contact GGD directly and get the test done? And not to reach out to IND on my own? Thanks.

SLB57 wrote:

Dear all,

I am in a similar situation and it has been 4 yrs for me and 8 yrs for my partner. So based on the advice above should I contact GGD directly and get the test done? And not to reach out to IND on my own? Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The advice above is still relevant; contact GGD for your area and arrange a test for you and your partner.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks for quick reply Cynic. On the other hand, GGD will send the results to IND right? And do you know what do they do in such case (When they see a TB test of 8yrs delay;))?

I am expecting a baby in few months so just want to be sure if this is a right time to dig this TB test.

SLB57 wrote:

Thanks for quick reply Cynic. On the other hand, GGD will send the results to IND right? And do you know what do they do in such case (When they see a TB test of 8yrs delay;))?

I am expecting a baby in few months so just want to be sure if this is a right time to dig this TB test.

Hi again.

GGD will pass any results back to the IND.  The fact is that the law does provide for you to be deported for failing to have a TB test, but there are many people like yourself and I've never heard of it actually happening - certainly, nobody has come on here telling us.  If it was an issue, you would hear more about them looking for people such as yourself and the fact is the registration system tells them you haven't had a test, so they already know; if you are contributing to Dutch society, then I suspect you will at worse get a "talking-to".

Don't worry about it.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

My friend went for tbc only once. It was the first uitnodiging. She does not worry.

Mine is 4x already. I have 1 more to do and finish.  My husband telling me not  to miss to avoid inconveniences in the future.  Maybe a fines.

😊😊😊

Thanks for the detailed answer Cynic. It gives a good hope as well. I will proceed with thing and keep you all posted here.

Hi everyone,

I have a similar problem. Currently I've been in The Netherlands for around 2.5 months. I have to visit my home country for a month. When I'm trying to book the test appointment, the next available date is during my time outside the NL. By the time I will return I will have missed the 3-month deadline (approx 3.5 months will have passed). I called the IND and the lady noted my case and asked me send a letter to IND stating that I will take the test as soon as I return.
I need to understand is this risky to travel in this condition or should I abandon my trip and stay here to finish the test first. I really need to visit my country due to an urgency.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Abhi