Major roads leading out of Bogor Jakarta area

So can someone not celebrating Ramadan travel on the roads to pick up someone in another city?  Does anyone have any information about road closure and how long they will remain closed or even airport closures and trains.

Not sure where you are traveling to. But vehicles trying to enter Bandung without a Bandung number plate are generally turned away except for commercial vehicles such as trucks for deliveries etc. The problem is that many travel all the way from Jakarta and just before they get off the highway to enter Bandung they are told to U-turn and return back home. The PSBB here began 22nd April and is supposed to end on 5th May, but we do not know if it will be extended beyond that. I can't speak for other cities.

I think air travel is currently banned until 1st June and long distance train services suspended until May 31st. However, some others may be more up to date on this than myself.

Digitarius wrote:

So can someone not celebrating Ramadan travel on the roads to pick up someone in another city?  Does anyone have any information about road closure and how long they will remain closed or even airport closures and trains.

The police are setting up roadblocks and stopping all non-local plated cars in towns all over the Java. I had to pop out this morning and saw them doing just that in an attempt to stop people moving between areas.  They are out to stop exactly what you're proposing to do.

Edit - This was on a main road in Central Java, but not Jalan Tol

Oh ok I see.  Yeah I wanted to pick a friend up in Bogor and take them back to Yogyakarta.  I am just wondering when any road travel will be available so I can pick my friend up.  I know no planes or train are running.  I can't seem to get any reliable information.

Digitarius wrote:

Oh ok I see.  Yeah I wanted to pick a friend up in Bogor and take them back to Yogyakarta.

The system is set up to make that as difficult as possible in order to avoid spreading the disease, and it's very likely illegal under the lockdown rules. It's possible you could face fines and forced quarantine, or just get told to turn around if you're lucky. I suppose worst case is your death, and the deaths of others around you.

Whatever the outcome, it's not a very good idea to try.