The importance of a job for one's well being

Hi Guys,

I've been staying at this new hotel. English channels (no news, but movies, sports and lots of UFC fights and silly wrestling). It might be the best value in the civilized world @ 200,000 VND ( 7.xx GBP)for long-term residents. Covered parking for the motorcycle, guarded parking overnight for free. Restaurants, where a meal costs from 1.50 pounds.

Today, the weather has been cloudy. 26 degrees. There is a nice sand beach nearby. The bus will be like a quid, return.

What's missing? Purpose, derived from work.

https://ibb.co/qRxvKfv

I might prefer cleaning toilets at a hospital, working as nurse's aid or at a hotel, at a reception, grossing 700 GBP with free room and board. Versus no income and nothing to do in a tropical setting.

Q: Are there instant, stable job openings fro Europeans? (UK degree, full clean driving license, NI #, good credit for decades and certainly no criminal background).

Or has the world already changed and someone like me should stay, where he his, until his money runs out and he will become a welfare recipient?

Cheers,

KruChris wrote:

Hi Guys,

What's missing? Purpose, derived from work.

Q: Are there instant, stable job openings fro Europeans? (UK degree, full clean driving license, NI #, good credit for decades and certainly no criminal background).

Or has the world already changed and someone like me should stay, where he his, until his money runs out and he will become a welfare recipient?

Cheers,

Hi again.

I have no idea about your chances of getting work in Vietnam, but I can say with a degree of certainty that you'd be better off asking your question on our Vietnam section of Forum; this link will take you there.

I'd be very wary about approaching any government agencies for welfare, I know many countries deport individuals in such circumstances.  Ask around other Expats first.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Absolutely do not give up. I've spent my entire life moving around from job to job with some studying in between and changing direction many times, eventually starting my own business in Hong Kong of all places almost 30 years ago, and have never worked for anyone since. I believe you have to take chances, and opportunities will present themselves.

Not sure of your age of what your degree is in, but it seems you are already doing fine if you are living in or working  in Thailand or Vietnam. But I believe the way to go is to try to eventually work for yourself, and to live in Asia so you always have that "holiday" feeling.