Calama

I just saw a job posting for English teachers in Calama, Chile.  Any idea what the area is like, or recommendations on things to do there?  Does it have any expat population at all?

Hi therubycanary!

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hello, I have been put forward for a job in Calama. It doesn't look very exciting? Does anyone know anything about it please?

Hello Rubycanary, I have been there.  I only spent one day there aprox. three years ago with my family and we liked the place. I also went through there a year ago with my brother on motorcycles. It is not a tourist location and is considered working class, however I would place it as middle working class by Chile standards.  It is near the location of the largest copper mine in the world.  We came into Chile from Bolivia into San Pedro De Aticama and we flew out of Calama.  We went to the main street and square area and it was nice.  All kinds of people and we felt safe.  We ate and had chicken at a restaurant and it was very reasonable.  I bought a travel alarm clock there.  It is desert outside of the town so it is not that pretty.  However if you take a short trip to San Pedro de Aticama, it is beautiful.  I wouldn't want to live there for years however I would love to live there for 6 months.  Hope this helps.

Sorry for the late answer. I live in Calama. It is not a big city, it is in the middle of the desert, near to a mine. It is an ugly city, you wont like it.
was the Ad for International center?? it is a bad institute, very bad organized
greetings

Any details on International