Asylum process in chile?

i want to know about asylum process in chile.success ratio.and what happen with failed asylum applicants,and how about life of illegal immigrants.advance thanks for useful information

ashertajammal wrote:

i want to know about asylum process in chile.success ratio.and what happen with failed asylum applicants,and how about life of illegal immigrants.advance thanks for useful information

For this sort of information try the UNHCR website.

Brazil, the largest nation in South America received 100 refugee applications from citizens of Pakistan last year, of those ONLY 33 (1 in 3) were granted. Other South American nations will receive even less. So your chances are really poor anywhere in South America. In other countries including Chile you will likely have a worse than 1 in 3 success rate.

Priority is given to refugees coming from nations that are presently undergoing civil war or unrest, like Syria or natural disasters like Haiti. Unfortunately Pakistanis are being viewed not as political refugees, but rather economic refugees and their claims are rarely accepted by South American countries as a result.

What happens to unsuccessful applicants? They must return to their homeland (at their own expense) and failing to do so results in deportation.

NOTE:  You must make your refugee claim IMMEDIATELY upon arrival in a safe nation, if you have passed through a safe nation and stopped there (received a stamp in your passport) then it is quite likely a refugee claim would not be accepted by any other country, since it is expected that you make such a claim at the very first opportunity and immigrations authorities would want to know why the claim was not made in the first safe nation you entered.

Regarding life of illegal immigrants in South America, it is not a very pretty thing to describe. You will be exploited in most cases, have difficulty finding work and constantly be subject to being found and deported. This usually means a period in jail while deportation proceedings run their course.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

thanks James

Sir James.
One of my friend already in Chile Can he apply asylum in Chile on religion ground?
Means they will accept Persecution for Your Religion?

Hadi Bro can i get ur number?