Best cities to live in Chile

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Chile. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Chile.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

pucon

Cities? Why move to a city?
Cities are pretty much the same wherever you go but depending on your motives for leaving where you are now ...
Why not be really radical and head for the hills or campo?
Life is great in the small towns of the Los Lagos and Los Rios regions- Puerto Octay, Frutillar, Rio Bueno.
And if you insist on city living, I find Osorno and Puerto Montt pretty yucky but parts of Valdivia are pretty nice.

My interest is in the wine country south or west of the cities, such as the Maipo Valley or a few hundred km south. I imagine such areas are very quiet and rural. How easy is it to relocate to such an area? I prefer not to move to the wine areas north of Santiago, as it appears to metropolitan. Are my assumptions correct in your view?

I have limited experience here but i would imagine the Maipo valley would be crowded as it is a tourist spot and close to Santiago but other areas are fairly rural. I spent some time in Santa Cruz wine valley. Beautiful and rural. My only concern would be land cost as this is prime agricultural land but a small lot might be affordable.