Dependent Pass Application for my son

I am an EP – Category 1 holder, my son (6 years old) will be coming to Malaysia this May and I am planning to apply a Dependent Pass for him. I will go home to my home country and I will bring my son with me when I come back to Malaysia.

I know that my employer is the one to apply for that, I just want to have some clarifications on the following matter:
1.    Is it ok if I apply DP for my son while he is already here in Malaysia (with tourist pass)?
- immigration officer in klia will usually ask for a return ticket since my son will come as a tourist, is it ok to tell them that I will apply DP for him while he is in malaysia?
- problem in our country is that the malaysian embassy, to get the calling visa, is very far from our province

UP! I would like to reopen this topic. my son is already here in malaysia as tourist.

We already started applying for his DP and waiting for confirmation from employer.

Question is, does he need to exit the country to get a calling visa before the DP is approved?

@gdomanguera following this

@gdomanguera   i was planning to do the same for my 2 kids so I'm looking for info like this

From what I know, you can get a DP when within the country and there is a free to pay, which is basically a fee which says in country visa transfer. (or something along these lines)

Usually corporates will work with agencies that do the visa processing and these agencies organise everything from the employee, including the DP. You should make contact with the agency if there is or check the companies HR if they directly do it.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your stay in the beautiful country.
@Alex627  thanks for your reply. my company already applied for DP through MDEC, which i think is the sample agency that you are talking about.

I hope you are right regarding just paying for the in country visa transfer, such a hassle to exit and travel back again for that single entry visa. let's see and wait...

@gdomanguera could you please mention the MDEC  full form name of that agency?