New members of the Slovakia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2020

Hi all,

Newbie on the Slovakia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Slovakia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

I'm new to the Forum.  Pleased to be here.

I am seeking information on Slovakia, specifically about tracing individuals resident there.  I hope somebody will be able to help me.  I will post specifically about this at some point.

Thanks

@Dunkler Ritter : Welcome to Expat.com :)

If you have any further questions or if you want to tell us more about your search, i would advise you to create a new thread in the Slovakia forum, your query will then be more visible to the audience and it might raise your chances to find some useful information.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Good Afternoon
Im Chris Kisten born in beautiful Capetown SA-i moved to Slovakia a month ago from Bulgaria where i live

Working full time and have already done my Slovakian residency card

Im hoping to meet some other Saffa"s who are in the Presov area or Kosice area

Hi Chris,
Not a Saaffa but be happy to meet up. I'm in Kosice. There are lots of meet-up groups so hopefully, you'll find one you like!'
Denise

Good morning everyone and thanks for accepting me in here.

I moved to from Malta to Trencin, Slovakia in March 2020 and currently working from home.

Thanks again :)

Hi everyone I'm David and I have lived here for just over 2 years. I'm looking for information about my driving licence. I have my residence permit but still, have my UK driving licence. I've been told numerous times that this is ok but I'm beginning to wonder whether I should change it for a Slovak licence. any help would be appreciated.

Hi David,
You should actually change it after 3 months in the country :O Once the Uk leave the EU, you will need an international drivers license to drive in Europe.

It is easy to get it exchanged for a Slovak one and if you are planning on staying in Slovakia after Brexit then I strongly advise it. You need to go to the Okresný úrad on the corner of Watsonova and Komenskeho street. There is a number/ticket system and, if you need help, the person on the machine usually speaks english so can press the right button for you. The person on the desk may or maynot speak English but they can usually call someone to help out.
Hope this helps,
Denise

Sorry David, me again, I've just noticed you don't liv ein Kosice, oops! So you will need to go to your local driver's license centre,
Good Luck,
Denise in Kosice!

Hi Denise,
Thanks a lot for the info, I will look into getting it changed immediately.
Have a great day.

No problem, thanks again for your help.

Hello David,

I changed mine in Nitra at the office which is 5 Piaristická. I just needed proof I was resident in Slovakia over 185 days. Luckily I had someone with me who was fluent in Slovak but in the end they staff very very helpful using my limited Slovak.. The Slovak licence added a motorcycle entitlement but removed the minibus and small lorry entitlement.. You need to have a psychological test to get those apparently.. The new licence was available in 5 days. When I swapped the licence they took my uk licence.. Checking on the dvla website after a month it showed as 'swapped'.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=916081

Thanks!

Closed