Driving Lessons/Test in Slovakia

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone might be able to help me.

I was on this forum about 6 months ago asking for advice about moving to Senica, Slovakia. Well I made the move in September, and my partner and daughter arrived in October. It has gone ok so far, but been more difficult for my partner. We have struggled to make friends here, the language is a big problem. Of course we knew this before arriving and plan to take some lessons once we get back after Christmas. We also plan to buy a car after Christmas, which will be a welcome change for us, as it means we can travel about a little, and get down to Bratislava more frequently. I see on various forums that there is a lot of expat groups down there. In Senica we are a little isolated from that kind of thing.

Which brings me to my question. I have already got an EU drivers licence but my partner has none. She really wants to learn to drive and I thought it would be a better idea to do that here than in the UK (means she could get used to driving on the right side of the road rather than learning on the left and having to change like I had to!).

I was wondering if anybody has any experience of doing this in Slovakia? Is it possible to do it in English?

How long does it take/how many lessons are required, and any idea of cost?

Thanks in advance for any information

Hi there! Regarding driving lessons in Slovakia it just so happens my son James live in the Tara region and is married to a Slovak girl. He is in the process of going through the driving lessons and the theory. Although he speaks Slovak the theory is quite a hurdle. If you should wish to contact him to discuss further his email is [email protected].  Hope all goes well!

Hello,

I am not expat I am Slovak, living in Bratislava. According to this article webnoviny.sk/slovensko/testy-na-vodicske-preukazy-budu-od-ja/590971-clanok.html from january 2012 is possible to do the test in English, if you ask. I know only driving school which I was attending autoskolabrmbrm.sk/kontakt They were good, not sure about lessons in English.