New members of the Slovakia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Slovakia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Slovakia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum. I'm Vietnamese, currently living and working in France.

I'll be in Slovakia, Kosice next September to enroll in vet school (reorientation 😂). I'm here to get some useful information about the country and living tips (i.e. where and how to get free things people give away, tips to get cheeper food, etc.)

Happy to here from you.

Qn

Hi everyoe. My name is Matt,I just moved here from England  with my wife. We both love it here and plan to stay for many years to come.

raiejaz715 wrote:

I am from pakistan living in Italy and thinking to visit kosice for 2 weeks.is it safe for brown people to live in kosice? Thanks

it is not safe for people who like their own comments.
why did u do such a thing?

raiejaz715 wrote:
Franky3 wrote:
raiejaz715 wrote:

I am from pakistan living in Italy and thinking to visit kosice for 2 weeks.is it safe for brown people to live in kosice? Thanks

it is not safe for people who like their own comments.
why did u do such a thing?

Thanks franky for notifing me.it is my first time I am using such kind of forum and I really dont know how to operate it.thats why by mistake I did so.i appreciate

have u tried reading blogs written by pakistanis or indians who visited the place or watched video blogs on youtube about their travel experience. there is a video but it's about bratislava not kosice. or look to the relevant organization that offers foreign travel advice to pakistanis. we have one and it says there is things like pickpockets, theft, and petty crime. as well as fraud and overcharging. ive read a few negative comments about slovaks attitude towards non-white visitors, but I dont know if thats the view of the majority or racist few. its a good question u are asking as precaution is necessary at a time of rising xenophobia across europe, and the eastern countries, which as u know, is already less tolerant to foreigners. if u do visit, i hope u have a safe travel.

Hi Julien

My name is Carl i'm a British national living in London with my Slovak wife and daughter. We are planning to move to Bratislava and although my wife has found work here already. I need to find work. My best opportunities would be in Vienna but I'm unsure about the work permit situation for a non-eu spouse of an Slovak citizen who wishes to work cross-border in Austria and reside in Slovakia.

I have done some research into this but am still unsure of the situation post-brexit.

Maybe you or somebody could help clarify my status and rights on this?

Looking forward to moving here and being an expat!

Carl

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969410

Thanks!

Closed