New members of the Slovakia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Slovakia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Slovakia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Good evening all. Just moved to Slovakia, Banská Bystrica to be exact. Starting a new journey in my life, love the fishing and outdoors and looking to ship my stuff ASAP . Looking for work in the industrial cladding sector but open to any job opportunities. I know it's never going to be easy to find work but hey. You got to give it a go, and look to make it work here. Life is good and enjoying it here . Any friendly advice would be much appreciated. Look forward to hopefully chatting to anyone who Is here .
Many thanks in advance Lewis

Hi all,today marks a month for me since I came to Slovakia,puchov.it is really a nice and quiet place.looking forward for more and the most live well.

Hello Dear All,

Hope all of you' ll be doing very well.
Anybody help me here I want to start the export business in Slovakia and also to get the residence permit to live in Slovakia.

Hi everyone!

I am Razel from Philippines. I am not yet in Slovakia but looking forward to be in that country.

I joined this forum to know something. I hope someone could answer some of my queries regarding staying in Slovakia.

First and foremost i want to know on job opportunities , is it not difficult to find a job there? How much percentage for an expat to have a job?

Hi Raqueram.

It's difficult to tell you what chance you have to get a job. Will you move to Zilina? You've got a better chance there than most other places. Probably Bratislava has the highest chance of finding a job.

It all depends on what you want to do, how much money you want to earn and what you have experience in.

What is your current job? What languages do you speak? Can you work full time or do you have small kids to take care of?

I am a teacher here in the Philippines. I speak English and native languages from Philippines but I also learn few slovak words. Yes, i can work full time if its required. No, i don't have kids yet.

If you speak English at a high level you could teach English, that's pretty much the number 1 job for foreigners at first.
If you have the time and money to take a qualification like CELTA before you come here, do it. It's not perfect but you'll find a teaching job easier. Plus once you're here you won't be able to take the course in Slovakia as nobody offers it here, and you'll have to travel to do it.

You could search through the jobs on websites like profesia.sk but most of them require you to speak decent Slovak.

If you want to teach English, you can message me and I'll tell you the things I wish I'd known when I came here!

Thank you so much. It will be of great help.

Hi angela,
There are various groups on Facebook for people new to Kosice. Tabacka language cafe  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1555662414758675/ takes place every two weeks or so and there's a weekly meeting on wednesdays in a local cafe-  language meeting - let's practice english (košice) https://www.facebook.com/groups/195041034169103/
Foreigners in Kosice * Cudzinci v Košiciach is a general group for all sorts but people do arrange spontaneous meet-ups.
Hope this helps but your boyfriend will know lots of people and places too,
Denise

Hi all, I am from India arrived a week ago. Currently doin an internship in zilina for about 6 months.. Looking for a better accomodation in Zilina( dorm/sharing space.. I dont mind ) .. right now working 5 days/week.. Is there a chance to get a part time work on weekends to support myself..

Hi! all this is svatopluk dusky from Slovakia, i am the Owner of Modesto i am regular follower of this forum now i have joined this.
love you all

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880535

Thanks!

Closed