Move to the UAE

Hi
Me and my 6yo are due to move to Abu Dhabi at the end of this month from London with me starting work the beginning of November and him starting school the same time. I was informed from my agency that the offer of free accommodation is no longer available as they cannot accommodate my son! And I now have to find my own accommodation.
I have been informed that I need an Emirates ID to rent which I obviously dont have yet. I am also still waiting for my plane ticket as the company have applied for my Visa etc.....

I have contacted the agency to liaise with company to clarify why they are in theory breaching the contract. I am still waiting for a response.

Is this the normal process??? Can a company go against the contract when offering free accommodation??
Do companies normally leave everything so last minute.....I mean we are due to travel in 3 weeks????

Has anyone else experienced this???

Hi G79,
What was mentioned in the Offer letter from employer, Have they mentioned to provide free accommodation or shared accommodation, when they provide shared accommodation then you are not allowed to keep your son in the shared accommodation. Please note that your offer letter and labor contract should match, Read carefully before signing the contract to ensure it is as per offer letter issued by employer.

Also note that you need to carry out a medical test as soon as arrived in UAE, and you have apply for emirates id and health insurance card for your son.

Regards,
Raja

It stated free accommodation not shared. I will go through my contract again as I signed it months ago.
I am aware I need to sort my son's health insurance when we arrive. I am aiming to come a few days early but just waiting for confirmation regarding my flight ticket?

Thankyou for your advice 👍🏽

You are welcome to UAE and all the best for your new Job

Thank you

Look, there are a wide variety of companies here.  Some are professional and others are not so professional.  It also depends on the seniority level of the position that you have accepted.

If I had to guess from your post; it seems you accepting a job through an agency and probably in areas like retail, office admin, education and / or healthcare.  In these sectors, at non-management levels, the accommodation is shared and you can't keep family members there.   It is usually not listed to that level of detail in the contract but is a commonly known fact and your agency should have told you.

You can rent without Emirates ID if you provide the landlord with a letter from the employer confirming your employment and stating that your visa / EID is in under process.  Then when it is done, you can hand over copies to the landlord and get the contract registered.

Thank you for this, I'm a therapist in a hospital. My agency mentioned it very briefly like two weeks ago. It's all been left until the last minute.

I suppose I'm just not used to everything being so unorganised. It's a very big move for us, but hoping all will work out for the best.

👍🏽

Good luck