Running a red light

Hi everyone!

I accidentally might have run a red light in Abu Dhabi yesterday. I literally haven't even noticed the signal turn red as I was being distracted by a screaming toddler in the back seat. And then, looking in the rearview mirror I noticed what I have done. Disaster. Thank God there was no accident, but now I'm so stressed over the fine. I know it's 1000 aed, plus 12 points, plus vehicle impoundment and 50,000 for the release, and the also the removal of the driving license for 6 months.

Has anyone unfortunately had experience with this?
Any advice? Do they have discounts on the fine or is it strictly 50,000 (my Goodness, that's literally going to ruin me financially).

Thank you!
@Maia555

You will have to wait and see if you get any fines within 14 days. Did you see any flash from the camera after running the red light? Trust me the flash is so bright that even in daylight you'll be able to see it. I heard that for the first time offenders the fees will be waived off if you visit and tell them about your situation and once again no gurantees but it all depends on luck. Next time make sure to pay attention on the road especially in Abu Dhabi.
@Maia555

You will have to wait and see if you get any fines within 14 days. Did you see any flash from the camera after running the red light? Trust me the flash is so bright that even in daylight you'll be able to see it. I heard that for the first time offenders the fees will be waived off if you visit and tell them about your situation and once again no gurantees but it all depends on luck. Next time make sure to pay attention on the road especially in Abu Dhabi.
- @instaday69

Thank you for the reply. There was no flash luckily. But I am quite confident I have made the mistake :(

Thank you for letting me know about the timeframe (I thought it might take even longer). I will definitely go apologise for my mistake, I really feel horrible about it. But thanks God, luckily, nobody got hurt. I really learned a lot from this, I will never let anything distract me again while driving, it literally takes a second for a disaster to happen.

@Guest9874562
No worries just be safe. 👍🏻