Just for fun: How well do you know Indonesia?

Hello everyone,

We would like to invite you to take part in a knowledge test based on Indonesia. Find a few questions below:

1. What is the capital city or administrative capital of Indonesia?
2. What currency is used in Indonesia?
3. List the national symbols of Indonesia.
4. What are the official languages or the ones used the most on a day-to-day basis?
5. Share with us the national motto.
6. Define Indonesia in one word.

Thank you for participating and have fun :)
Diksha

Hi Diksha. I believe the currency used there is the Indonesian Rupi and the official language I think is bahasa Indonesia. Others may correct me if I am wrong. I would define Indonesia on one word - "dangerous". I am not sure about this but I think the capital city is Bali, but again not 100% certain of that. But Bali is very nice. When are you planning to visit?

Shill88 > Thank you for your contribution. :D

Diksha is actually a member of the Expat.com team and she launches these questions to encourage members to participate.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Diksha wrote:

Hello everyone,

We would like to invite you to take part in a knowledge test based on Indonesia. Find a few questions below:

4. What are the official languages or the ones used the most on a day-to-day basis?

Diksha

1. Jakarta
2. Rupiah
3. Garuda
4. Bahasa Indonesia . .  Bahasa Jawa
5. Mostly I heard is "Bekerja, Sama Sama"
6. BIG!!!

Diksha wrote:

Hello everyone,

Diksha

1. The capital city of Indonesia is Jakarta, even though there has been a plan to move capital city to other province;
2. Currency of Indonesia is Rupiah, or people usually call it Rupi;
3. National symbol of Indonesia is Garuda;
4. Official language is Bahasa, even though for each province has local language as well;
5. National motto: Bhineka Tunggal Ika (Berbeda-beda tetap satu juga), means even though Indonesian is different to each other, Indonesian is still one unity;
6. My word choice for Indonesia: Complicated.

1. Jakarta
2. Rupiah
3. Burung Garuda
4. Bahasa Indonesia
5. Bhineka Tunggal Ika
6. it's a very beautiful country

Diksha wrote:

Hello everyone,

Diksha

1. Jakarta
2.  Rupiah
3. Garuda
4. Bahasa Indonesia
5. Bhineka Tunggal Ika
6. traffic jam

Hi Diksha, I just wanted to point out some Indonesian citizens are completing this questionnaire. Naturally they would know what their own language is and what their own currency is. So if there is any prize then perhaps they should be disqualified and not receive the prize.

It does say “just for fun”  quite possibly if it wasn't for our Indonesian friends we may well have quite a few incorrect answers especially from myself, no prizes on offer, and I'm more than happy to have local knowledge offered by Indonesians should be more often in my opinion

all same except:
5. Unity in Diversity
6. Ojek

Shill88 wrote:

Hi Diksha, I just wanted to point out some Indonesian citizens are completing this questionnaire. Naturally they would know what their own language is and what their own currency is. So if there is any prize then perhaps they should be disqualified and not receive the prize.

Hi, Shill 88  :)
I don't know what your problem is, but in this community, people share many things, related with country where they live, and even they don't think about any prize. And, I, personally, if there is any prize, I don't mind to not receive any prize.
But, about disqualification, do you, really, want to do that far? Only because local people try to complete 'simple' questionnaire?  :)

Hi Leika,

Of course you may participate in all the threads, both locals and foreign expatriates may answer the questions. Sorry, I just felt the questions were actually meant for expatriates to test if they had learned much about this country. I certainly learned much from your answers which were all correct. I tihnk I only answered 2 or 3 correctly. But for sure, if the same questions come up about Australia then I would do better. As for the prize, it's always nice, but I tihnk there probably won't be one.

Shill

Shill88 wrote:

Hi Leika,

Of course you may participate in all the threads, both locals and foreign expatriates may answer the questions. Sorry, I just felt the questions were actually meant for expatriates to test if they had learned much about this country. I certainly learned much from your answers which were all correct. I tihnk I only answered 2 or 3 correctly. But for sure, if the same questions come up about Australia then I would do better. As for the prize, it's always nice, but I tihnk there probably won't be one.

Shill

Hi, Shill

This community, actually, are particularly dominated by expatriates, and are for expatriates. However, since from the beginning, the question was refered to 'everyone', without any specific thing such as who could answer it or not. Besides, this is just for fun, I believe, without any certain intention, to test, or any thing, just like you said.

And thank you, the answer were  correct because those were field of Indonesian. It wasn't a big deal. The same thing would be applied to you as well, I assume you are Australian, so you must understand Australia very well :) If the question were about Australia, I wouldn't have tried to answer it, since it is not my field :)

Yes, surely, prize is always nice, but I believe many people in this community share and help each other without thinking about prize :)

If I win then I am happy to share my prize with you because you know Indonesia better than me and therefore deserve it more than me. Peace out sister.

Shill88 wrote:

If I win then I am happy to share my prize with you because you know Indonesia better than me and therefore deserve it more than me. Peace out sister.

If you want to share the prize with me of course, I would accept it happily  :D
However, I have to ensure I give the best contribution as well.

Good luck, Shill  :)

The first lot are a bit obvious so I'll stick to the last one ..

Wonderful